Chapter 19: A Drop of Dragon's Blood

(I don't even know if I should put a MATURE sign here, but I am anyways. It gets a little frisky! We are all sinners, let me tell you.)

Mylo stared at the growing crowd of townsfolk, wandering about to what was going on. His vantage point from a house on the street was perfect to feast his eyes upon the panicking onlookers. Call it magic, but this was starting to panic the demon. 

He had recently remembered the moment being summoned by a person he oh so recognized by just the timing, now something more... His once cold, slowly beating heart thumped hard in his chest, and it was visible to any who set eyes on him.

"W-Whoa! I didn't think it would actually work!" The tall but slim male stepped back in awe but not in fear. He was more surprised than afraid, Mylo sensed, as the demon sat there in his true form. It was a gruesome sight to behold. Mylo's true demonic form had a  human head, stitched with the different skin of other demons he was forced to kill. He also bore the torso of a human which was made of the same stitched flesh, but his legs were from a lion, ironically. His horns in his natural state were longer and twisted in different directions from his human take. He had the tail of a cat and a dragon. 

Mylo was called a Morph Demon. These demons morphed with their surroundings, and that part of the climate affected their true form. Since Mylo was in the snow for a measly twenty-three years of his very long life, he had grown some fur on his legs, much thicker. He hadn't needed it though because he would have to stay in a different form most of the time. 

"H-Hi . . . My name is Idos." The boy shyly muttered, and Mylo gazed at the boy with his orange and blue eyes. Once the demon spotted that his eyes were silver, his interest gained exponentially. Though introducing with his name was not a very good idea. Do you know how much power names have? 

"Why summon a demon, boy?" Mylo questioned while he gazed at the candles on the floor. The boy had taken precautions because Mylo wasn't able to step out of the circle of angel wings that aligned around him. 

Idos stood there silently, determining what to say to the demon in front of him. One wrong word and the demon might just kill him.

"Well?" Mylo urged on, "Revenge? Do you desire wealth? A title worthy of a noble? What is it, boy?"   

"A friend."

That line never ceased to make his heart flutter like a butterfly. He couldn't be caught off guard by him though. He needed to worry about other things like what a little birdy told him or the fact that Noble is being hauled into the streets by his lion. So many people are closing in, chanting the King's melody. 

Fixing himself up, Mylo quickly hid his horns, despite how uncomfortable that makes him feel as well as his unnatural eye color back to brown. The demon followed the crowd, posing as a normal citizen of the small but lively city. There were lanterns hanging from homes and shops with the symbol of a lion's head on them, signifying the birth of the royal bloodline. No doubt Valider was celebrating it as his birthday too, despite him being born late November.

Raja held his beast tamer close to him and tried to keep the humans from touching Noble. Back in the field, word got out that Herald had been called in for an urgent call. It peaked the interest of those who listened, and the curious folk fled to Helena's field only to find a panting man screaming as if he was being burned alive. In the time span from then to present hour, Noble's newly formed horns had grown at almost a scary rate. his eyes were split in two, almost like a cat. 

The large doors of the church were slammed open by the head priest with all the people trying to have a sight of a God in their midst.

"Come on, in the back! I'll have some of the guards protect the door." Herald frantically rushed the group into a large room with a pool similar to Obora's inside. He slammed the door shut before rushing over to Noble.