Chapter 1: Five Gold Pieces Richer

Meridth Village located high above sea level and hidden away by the Uala Mountains, Early July. The sky littered white flurries onto the tops of wooden plank roofs. One single breath would be blown back by the forceful winds of high snow tops. Men, women, and children were huddling for warmth waiting for the event of the year to show itself to the whole village. 

"Hmm . . . I don't see why people get so excited for these kind of things anymore. Kind of useless seeing someone make a fool of themselves in front of the whole village?" 

"Tell me about it. I can smell it from here, good Lord."

"How can someone get so . . . how do you say it? Unprepared. Yeah, those are the words." 

"When you think of confessing to a girl at last second."

Noble and Mylo continued to stare at the anticipated crowd that only grew more in numbers. Both best friends had predicted that this was an bad idea without having to think for one second. In a blink of an eye, the news seemed to spread around the small population of the school, soon branching out to the whole town. Noble hadn't been so disappointed since that one time where a little girl had brought an frog to class, spreading a disease that attacked almost everyone. Mylo simply just enjoyed the drama as it feasted his eager curiosity to it's full capacity.

"Oh! She's coming!" Conner, a fellow classmate of Noble and Mylo, announced. The crowd soon began to chat among themselves until a small figure turned the corner to reveal, Daley, a very smart young women who sat next to Noble in their Human Studies class. She looked frightened at the amount of stares she was receiving, and her face soon flushed a deeper shade of red.

"Let's go have a closer look?" Mylo suggested, and Noble agreed. Noble lifted his scarf to his face to shield his mouth from the cold. This runny nose and cough wasn't going to torture him more if he were to protect himself from mother nature's wraith. He followed suit behind his best friend as they stole a front seat view of the priceless event that would take place in front of their eyes.

Noble never came close to becoming friends with Callum Monshee who nervously twitched in his position in front of the audience. He was one of those boys who bragged about how wealthy his family was, or how his spirit partner was better than anyone else's in the school. He was one cocky son of a gun, but watching him wither under the shy girl's gaze was priceless.

This bully had been crushing on the smartest girl in our tiny, little abode you would call a school for ages. Naturally, students would gaze at him and think that he could pull off that bad boy look, and Daley would drop her fur pants for him right there in front of obvious students. Noble personally thought that this was by far the most ridiculous thing he had ever seen in his nineteen years of life. Why would Callum with the snow panther partner be crushing on the shy nerd whom had a rabbit for a partner? It still confused Noble til this day.

Daley approached Callum slowly, weary of the stares she was getting. One person even had to gut to wolf whistle as she slowly walked over to the nervous, sweating in the coldest mountain, jock. Callum glared at the troublemaker and turned his attention back on his prize. Daley inspected the crowd with her beautiful green eyes before turning her own attention to the jock. 

"H - Hi Daley," Callum barely manged to say under his breath.

"Hello Callum. How are you this fine morning?" Daley sounded rather confident although her posture said otherwise.

Mylo elbowed Noble's side to get his attention in which he purposely wiggled his eyebrows and made immature kissing noises. Noble snorted, holding in his laughter. One wrong noise out of his mouth would ruin such an moment that would most likely never happen again.