Chapter 21: Garden of Rain

"Are you all set, Your Majesty?" Herald circled Noble to spy on his armor. Did he look okay? He thought he did after Mylo complimenting him on his status.

"Only if you think so," Noble replied, clenching his fists to get a feel for the leather gloves. The armor had shown to be difficult to carry by the priests and priestesses, yet on him, it was a lightweight burden. It moved with him every time he twisted or turned and such. This was, in fact, the first time he was wearing armor, period.

"I have no doubt that you will be bombarded with the humans outside, so you will need to be ready to flee as quickly as possible," Herald explained, finally stopping his pacing around the room, "It is your birthday, and perhaps you may give some guidance if you so wish."

"I have nothing to give." Noble blurted out, "I am still confused about these cursed dragon horns and what happened to my mother. It is simply overwhelming news to now that she isn't my mother, and that I am a God in this world."

"Yes, but of all the years that I've known you . . ." Herald paused with a sad smile creeping on his wrinkled face, "You will come to remember your adventures and the wisdom you had obtained during such times. You are much more than you claim to be a person."

Noble's nose was suddenly enticed by a certain smell now entering the back room. It was something he had never smelled before, but it was absolutely ecstatic. It got stronger and stronger by the second until a hand slammed down on his shoulder. He turned his head to see Raja in armor similar to his, only that his cape had a symbol like on his hand. Did his have one too? He squeezed harder, and Noble snapped out of it, finally willing himself to face what was coming ahead.

Lily, Sam, Helena, and the two odd children came running in after the lion. Lily was suited up with a quiver of arrows on his back with a wooden bow wrapped around her. Sam was given warmer clothes for the upcoming winter ahead for their trip. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of her older brother looking like her own personal knight to save her, the rightful princess of Lunis. Helena, Twixy, and Nyxy, however, wore the same clothing. Noble presumed that they would be staying here. They had a shop to keep up with, didn't they?

"I would like to give you every blessing for your upcoming travels, Lord Leo," Helena smiled, offering her hand to shake, "It has been an honor seeing you once more."

"Always. I thank you for serving what time we have met to the fullest," Noble smiled back and shook her hand graciously. She nodded in thanks before Noble turned to the two little magicians, "And I give my thanks to the both of you. If it weren't for you, I would not be able to stay here and find out my identity."

"Did you hear that, Twixy?!" Nyxy squealed, jumping along with her brother, "We just got blessings from a god. We are going to live in a world where magic will not be considered a crime!" Twixy jumped along, genuinely happy for the same reason. Noble blushed a light red by how his small thanks would mean so much to people like these.

"We ought to get going, Leo," Lily urged, "The sooner, the better-!"

"CEDAR!"

Everyone turned their heads to see Mylo in his most natural form. His hands flailing around to kill a bug roaming around his head. Cedar, with a playful smirk, kept sprinkling his fae magic on top of his head, overall annoying the demon. Noble was more amused than surprised at the two interacting. Everyone else was confused.

"God damn it, Noble. Get your stupid fairy to stop throwing sleeping spells on me! I'm going to get into a coma if he keeps it up!" Mylo groaned, stomping on his two paws over to the beast tamer.

"A fairy?" Lily repeated, "Noble, you have a fairy?"

"Yes!" Mylo snatched the small fae into his hands and blew a gust inside. Sam squealed when Cedar was revealed to the public for everyone in the room to finally see, "Now, stop before I get Leo to clip your wings off!"