9. SilverstreamXGraystripe

Silverstream slipped through the thick reeds that surrounded the island that RiverClan called home.
Her pawsteps were heavy, her stomach drooping low towards the ground, seized with painful spasms. When she broke through the tall stems of reeds, she stumbled as fast as she could to the river.
"Graystripe!" she wailed, her body shaking with another contraction.
A heartbeat or two later, Graystripe appeared.
"The... the kits!" she gasped.
Graystripe stiffened and waved his tail frantically.
"I'm coming!" he meowed quickly, panic caking his voice thickly.
Silverstream shook her head, already climbing onto the first stepping-stone.
"Silverstream!" Graystripe yowled, his voice high with fear. "Be careful! They're slippery! Wait! Wait for me to get across! Don't Silverstream!" He spun all his demands out in a flow of words, pacing at the shore.
But Silverstream was already halfway towards him.
Graystripe seized her scruff and helped her up the last stone and onto the opposite shore.
"Never do that again!" he hissed, his voice full of anger.
Silverstream opened her mouth to respond but groaned as a spasm shook her once more.
Graystripe gently pulled her into the lush undergrowth surrounding the river, towards Sunningrocks. He gently draped her over a sun-warmed rock, his fur fluffed out with anxiety.
Another moan ripped out of Silverstream's mouth. As the pain grew, they turned to wails, then shrieks of agony.
"Silverstream! Silverstream! What's wrong?" Graystripe yowled. Silverstream let out another shriek, the spasms that now gripped her piercing her like long claws driving into her belly and pulling themselves slowly out.
Silverstream glanced to the right and saw a flaming red head appear.
Fire...fire....heart? Silverstream thought through a spasm.
Fireheart said something to Graystripe, but the words became slurred as the pain grew.
Silverstream felt blood begin to flow down her legs. One piercing screech broke into her mind: "Hurry!"
Fireheart was then gone.
Agonizing heartbeats passed before the young ThunderClan medicine cat apprentice with the crippled leg, Cinderpelt, appeared.
She limped towards Sunningrocks quickly, her dark blue gaze round with horror. Fireheart paced behind them.
Silverstream saw a big dark brown tabby appear, gaping at the scene before him.
Tigerclaw.
Her thoughts blurred again.
The next moments passed by in a blur; she pushed, her stomach shuddering violently, and felt something slid out of her core.
She shrieked, then fell silent and turned to see a big dark gray kit slide out. Before she could acknowledge her kit, another spasm shook her. Silverstream moaned and pushed again. The same pulling gripped her before another kit, a pretty silver tabby, slid out.
Exhuasted, Silverstream felt sleep pulling at the corners of her eyes.
"Silverstream!"
Finally, the voices broke back into her senses.
"She'll be fine, as long as I can stop the blood flow!" Cinderpelt's voice snapped.
Silverstream felt paws pressing against her core, then the cool feeling of wet moss wiping up the blood and blocking the flow. It remained there, and a tense feeling of anxiety stretched on, only broke by the soft mewling of kits.
Silverstream's eyes drifted to the kits, trying to see them, but couldn't. Sleep was pulling stronger at her eyes now.
"She'll be fine, Graystripe. The bleeding has stopped, the kits are healthy, and her heart and breathing rate is smooth again." Cinderpelt reported, her voice shaking with relief.
Silverstream felt relieved too, but let herself slip into sleep and think about her new family and life.