Chapter 19 ~ Escape Plans

Dedicated to abraded - check out her work it's beautiful :)

Chapter 19 ~ Abbegael

The seconds tick by like hours, each moment stretching out to eternity until I am left with no real concept of time. With each passing moment my heart picks up pace in my chest and the thought that we are being set up works its way back to the forefront of my mind. What will they do if they catch us out here now? Will they kill us on sight? I was sentenced to death, why would they hesitate?

Isa squeezes my hand at the clack of approaching footsteps, releasing it back to me only after the resounding echos have disappeared and the owner has long since left the hallway.

"Are you sure this is where we are supposed to wait?" She whispers, eyes darting around the small room we stand in before shifting back to the closed wooden door that is the only thing between us and the angels that want us dead.

"This is where the letter says to wait." I murmur in response, unfolding the letter and rereading the flowing script once again to ensure we are in the right place.

Abbegael,

Before I begin, I must ask that you do not speak a word of this aloud, there are too many ears that could hear you in there. Your powers are disabled and thus your ability to shield yourself is incapacitated, however the cell also prevents anyone from using their ability on you, so you have nothing to fear while you are caged, but as soon as you are out shield both yourself and Isa or they will be on you in moments.

Now, I am breaking too many laws by contacting you like this, however, Ahriel has informed me that she removed the block in my sons mind, and that the two of you have been working together in your attempts to escape Lucifer and stop him from destroying life as we know it.

For Razakiel's sake I am trusting that you truly are trying to help. I will assist you in escaping this building and get you back to the gate, after that you are on your own.

Ahriel's trial is scheduled first thing tomorrow morning, she will be removed from her cell and led from the room. As soon as they pass through the doors I will disable both yours and Isa's cells. You will have exactly seven seconds to get out of the cell before it automatically rearms itself. Do not worry about Ahriel, she will face a trial but I will ensure her sentence is light. Both you and Issabell will receive severe punishment so you must get her out.

Once you are out of the cell grab Isa and follow the hallway Ahriel was taken down. Turn at the third door on the left and walk to the end of the hallway. Open the door on the right and wait until I come for you.

Gabriael.

"Yeah, this is where she said to wait. She should be here." My eyes meet Isa's as worry seeps its way further into our hearts. If she doesn't come how do we get out of here? I cannot let them hurt Isa, and I have to get back to Zak if we are going to have any chance of stopping Lucifer. Unable to stop the useless thoughts as they fight for prime position in my mind, I take a step further into the dimly lit white room, Isa hesitating by the door as I walk across to the opposite wall, where an enticing small white lounge, the only piece of furniture in the room, waits between the two other doors leading from this room. Trying not to think too much about what we will do if Gabriael doesn't show up, I lean back against the wall ready to run if anyone other than the angel helping us escape comes through the door.

"Well, we might as well get get comfortable I guess," Isa sighs, as she slumps down into the white lounge, "Either Gabby comes and gets us out of here, or someone else comes and we're dead." Despite the truth behind her words, I maintain my position against the wall, eyes trained on the door we came in through. She lets out a light chuckle before continuing.