Chapter 32 ~ Finding Him

Hey guys, 

It's been like year since I last updated this story, and I was just wondering if anyone is still interested in reading the last few chapters? I'm putting this chapter up but I'm undecided as to whether or not I should continue posting on wattpad or just take the story down if no one is reading it. Let me know in a comment or even just vote for this chapter if you want to read more. Depending on the response over the next week or so, if there is any, I will decide what to do.

Ellie

Chapter 32 ~ Razakiel 

A shrill ring in my ears deafens me to everything happening around me. All I can see is her pale face and shimmering blonde hair lifeless before me. My hands move of their own volition to the crimson staining her leather armor around the edges of the gaping wound, as if somehow they can force it back in. Close up the damaged skin, heal the damaged heart beneath and bring my mother back.

The logical part of my brain knows it cannot happen and yet over and over my hands drift back desperate to draw the death from her body. And then something happens, and hope filters back through the cracks of devastation. I feel warmth beneath my fingers, and a soft white glow emanates from her body.

"Mother?" I murmur to her too quiet to be heard beneath the ruckus of angry voices around us. She doesn't move. She doesn't respond, but the glow gets brighter, reminding me of the bright light that exploded from her before she collapsed. And then it starts to fade and somehow her body fades with it. Blurring at the edges. Fading slowly to begin with and then more and more rapidly until my hands are left limp upon the blood stained grass.

"No. Gabriael. Mother. No, please come back." I barely register speaking the words aloud. It is only when a sudden silence echos in my ears that I realise I have garnered the attention of everyone else.

"What happened?" Abby's voice fills both my ears and my mind, a gentle soothing lilt tiptoeing around my pain.

"She's gone. Why is she gone?" I'm not sure if I speak aloud or directly to Abby but the calm voice belies the jagged pain tearing an irreparable hole in my chest.

"Gabriael was an Archangel, her soul has returned to Our Father, her body was merely an extension of her soul, without a soul it ceases to exist. That is how we were created so that is how it must be." The commanding voice sounds almost as broken as I feel and for the first time my eyes move away from where Gabriael once laid and to the small group surrounding me.

"Mikhael? You are here? To fight with us?"

"Those who dare to harm an Archangel must pay the price. This is no longer a battle we can ignore. Lucifer must be stopped once and for all and if Gabriael believed you and Abbegael are the ones to do it then I believe you are too." As he speaks the searing pain in my chest begins to evolve into something stronger, something I can use. Rage. Determination. Revenge.

"Then let's go kill Lucifer." I get to my feet, feeling Abby's single minded support of the idea and move to her side. Her fingers intertwine with mine and my anger burns stronger as it mingles with hers.

"That is all well and good. But we have yet to deal with the Nephilim that actually caused her death, as Abbegael said, he is dangerous and we cannot just leave him to continue putting lives in danger." Ahriel draws our focus back to the issue they must have been discussing prior to my interruption.

"You are correct Ahriel, he needs to be dealt with, and as much as I would like to serve justice right here and now, killing a Nephilim without a trial would only turn more of our enemies against us, The Seven and the rest of the Nephilim are not something we need to be fighting against right now. Ahriel, take him to the Archial Command Centre to be dealt with once the war is ended." Immediately Ahriel moves to grab Dusty and fulfill the command only to find empty air in the place he once was.