7. An Unexpected Job

The situation seemed so tensed, one of twelve suddenly gone missing and Doctor giving strict undeniable orders. Everything seemed very confusing.

Tyrell and Celina stayed quiet for a while after giving me a short information about their stones and powers. Leena was the only one weeping uncontrollably. She must be really getting scared of her missing friend. I should be actually feeling sorry for her, but here I was, sitting across her, slightly worrying about her mascara forming streaks down her eyes.

Celina then suggested that we should now better retire to our rooms before we land ourselves into any more trouble. I wasn't so sure about how to react or what I should be doing now but I was glad Tyrell stayed back with me when both the girl walked away from the hall, through the door at the left.

"Poor Leena," said Tyrell watching the girls go, "I wonder what must have happened to Pruthvi."

I was new here and I was still trying my best to make myself comfortable. I didn't even know if I was going to stay here for that long to worry about something I couldn't care less. But still, I wanted to be a nice and I simply nodded at him sympathetically.

"I am sorry, your first day isn't going well," he continued, "This is not how I planned to celebrate after I successfully find all the Samagraha."

"Don't worry about it," I said, deciding it would be better if I talked something, "I am sure everything will be okay."

"I hope Doctor finds Pruthvi as soon as possible," he said and then suddenly sat straight, "Hey would you like to see the rest of the academy?"

"Sure," I said finally finding something to do, "I'd love to."

Together we went across the door, which everyone else had been using the most. There was a corridor leading to the passageway where I found few more doors on either side. Living underground must have been tough to these people. There was no proper sun light and no fresh air but still home how the atmosphere was cool and pleasant.

The walls forming the corridor were holding many lanterns providing the means of light. I looked around at the right side of the corridor, where I found a shallow pond surrounded by marshy land, a few swans and ducks quaking and splattering the water. I guessed if the water was turning the air so clement.

"You see the door across the pond," said Tyrell pointing at a huge glass door next to the pond, "That's the place where we learn how to use our stones. It is designed so spectacularly that no one actually gets hurt even if tried purposefully."

"Cool," I said impressed.

"There are so many other cool things I need to show you. See this pond. It looks nothing different right?"

I nodded.

"But it's not. Its water is sacred. You will never get wet if you touch it. And I dare you to drink it."

"How is that possible?" I asked absolutely stunned.

"I told you doctor is a genius! Anmol also keeps saying that Doctor has a secret room in there where he actually creates all such ingenious things."

"A secret room inside water?" I asked again, "Are you sure?"

"Yup! But we never noticed him visiting it, nor he ever mentioned anything about it. So I guess it's just a rumor Anmol started."

I looked back at the pond and asked, "Have you ever tried to swim in it?"

"Not a chance! If I trigger my lightning in water, I can simply kill myself. That's why I try keeping a distance from Leena. She can go nuts with her watery powers."