17. The Third Generation Samagraha

My stomach growled and I was feeling bit qualmish. I was so hungry that I thought I might devour anything that might come in my way. I chanced to look at the surreal-filled ashes down on the floor that made the darkness more intense. The fact that I just killed a man was so remorseful. But I was certain that he was the person who killed my parents and my conscience was telling me that it was the right thing to do. Then I was distracted by the cry that came from the other cell. Tyrell walked along with me. It was very strenuous for me to move along with my stomach hurting. I looked at Tyrell who was not at all having any side reactions as I was. Watching him, I piled up a lot of strength and finally we reached the other prison.

There was an old man slowly crawling on the ground. His hair completely white and messy, his attire was torn and muddy. I was able to see his bare chest and his ribs were almost out of the skin. His state was worse than I could imagine anyone could be.

"Oh my goodness," said Tyrell, sickened, "Who is he?"

"I don't know," I said looking at him, "Let's check."

We commanded our stone and melted the cell thoroughly. Tyrell rushed inside to help the man and he took no time to recognize him.

"Doctor!" cried Tyrell, "Is it really you?"

He was Dr. Krishant Veer, the real one, probably. I was hesitant to go nearer to him first as I thought this might be another trick. But his condition was really bad and he was almost in a state of unconsciousness.

"Doctor what happened to you?" cried Tyrell.

He eyes were closed and he was trying to tell us something. He pointed out to other direction outside the cell. I followed his hand and found him pointing at a rack at the corner.

"Do you want us to open the rack?" I asked nervously.

He nodded slowly. I ran, holding my stomach, towards the rack and opened it. There were many hexagonal shaped jars with silver lid on it. But one of them, I noticed, was rattling. There was a glittering oval diamond inside it. I quickly opened it and the stone inside it zapped away, in order to reach Doctor.

Doctor coughed hardly. Tyrell helped him sit straight, resting against the wall with his eyes yet closed. We waited for him till he came in a better shape. After a few minutes, his eyes fluttered, regaining total consciousness.

"Tyrell," he said dully, "Is it really you? Oh my! You are so grown up!"

"Doctor," Tyrell said and his eyes filling, "Are you okay? What happened to you? Wasn't it really you all these years?"

"I am so sorry Tyrell. I trusted him. But he betrayed me," said the doctor, "eight years ago, he met me, pleaded that he was alone and needed a shelter and I provided him. But I didn't know he was under Shashi's order."

"Shashi's order," said Tyrell, skeptically and chanced to look at me before he said,  "But he said he is Shashi. And we killed him, doctor. I and Hayden, we both killed him."

"Hayden! Is he Hayden?" said doctor and he held his hand up trying to reach out to me. I walked towards him and sat on my knees holding his hand. "One person I thought I should never ever trouble is you, Hayden. I thought I should never find you and let you be happy but I had no choice. I apologize to every one of you."

I nodded unable to say anything. Tears ran down his wrinkled cheeks. Even though his stone was lending him the strength he needed, he was still weak; his eyes wet and droopy.

"He is not Shashi," doctor said closing his eyes, "He is Tanvir- Shashi's right-hand minion."

"But..."