18. The Great Grandmother's Prediction

I was staring out of the window. The sky had already turned gray with the sun hidden behind the ashen clouds. I was able to see a few men pulling their horses inside the stables and few walking inside the court to escape the upcoming shower. Air was cooler but stiff and sticky. Then a drop of water fell upon my cheek. A huge thunder roared followed by the lightning. I turned around to see if it was Tyrell using his stone to scare me but he was deeply immersed in getting all missed details from Pruthvi.

After about what doctor had told us an hour ago, I was surprised that I wasn't really that surprised with the fact my mother had this huge unbelievable past after her. The way she always behaved whenever I asked about her parents, always warned me that she was definitely trying to keep me away from something. Only difference is now I know why. A sudden urge of finding my grandparents crept up on me, but I told myself that it might be the task next to impossible.Dakshinpur is a huge place and finding them so soon was out of question.

"Do you really think my father could do such a thing?" Pruthvi said when we were all alone in the room, his voice as shallow as possible.

"Don't decide on anything yet Pruthvi," said Tyrell, "You know your parents. There should be more to the story."

"He is right," I said walking back towards them, "And by what we heard about Zarina khan, it seemed to me like she is capable of anything. She might have framed this story and started blabbing all the bad things about your father."

"I wish so," Pruthvi said, his eyes sorroful, "But all these people can't be wrong. There must be something my father went through that did not make people proud of."

The downpour began. The rain laboriously pattered like a million tap dancers.

"Pruthvi, I think you should worry more about the sister they are talking about," said Tyrell, "She is still out there, somewhere, isn't she?"

Pruthvi's faced stiffened, "Yes you are right. King Aghasthya told me Zarina might know about her whereabouts."

"Whose whereabouts are we talking about?"

A voice came over from the threshold of the door. Doctor with Kings Aghasthya was walking in. I wondered for how long they had been standing there and listening to us.

"Mr. King," said Pruthvi jumping out of the bed, "I asked you before and I am asking you again. I want to meet her. Please take me to her."

"You told them you already imprisoned Zarina Khan?" asked Doctor crossly.

"I had to doctor and Pruthvi, I told u before and I am telling you again-it's worthless," said Aghasthya imitating Pruthvi, "Why don't you understand? Zarina will never help you."

"But it's always worth a shot."

"Aghasthya you raised boys' hopes," said Doctor.

"Doctor don't you think my sister should reunite with the only family member she is left with?" asked Pruthvi, daringly.

"Of course I do," he said, "But it is Zarina khan we are talking about."

"I am ready to take any risk," said Pruthvi tenaciously, "Please let me meet her ones."

Doctor shifted his eyes from Pruthvi to Tyrell and finally he settled on me. I was able to see a glimpse of trepidation within his eyes. It was either he trying to warn me or he was scared that something crazy might happen if I come and visit her. He took a long breath and finally said to King Aghasthya, "Take us to her."

He nodded unwillingly and gestured at us to follow him. We strode out of the room with lot of eagerness. I was fulfilling this chance to peek at the whole court thoroughly. Passing the colossal hall with large thrones, then walking past the kitchen and the work room and now entering into the courtyard. It was not as scenic as I was expecting. It was rather dry and non-sterile.