Chapter One

Jane's POV

Groaning I stretch and glance at the clock. (8:30am) Oh popsicles, I am so gonna be late for school! The silly private school Aunt Jeanette and Uncle Christopher decided that I had to be in, started at nine am instead of the normal eight am. At least it was only a four minute walk to the school. I did not dare drive either of my vehicles, for reasons. (Yes "for reasons")

Scrambling to throw on clothes and brush my teeth and hair, and manage to find my glasses.

*BING* my phone goes off as I am walking out the door, I walk and text.

"Yo, u comin 2 the race 2nite?" - Kenz the Amazing BFF

"IDK, last time I got bored."- Me

"Well Ry is racing. U gotta come."- Kenz

"Fine, what time r u pickin me up?"- Me

"Uh, u have 2 drive urself.."- Kenz

"Gr8, not. I'm guessing usual place, at 9pm then?"- Me

"Yep, b careful."- Kenz

Why do I have to be careful? I shrug it off and enter the school. Today was going to be a long day.

*******************************************

Sweet freedom, that is what the world outside school was sweet freedom. What with there being not one, but two fights, at lunch over seats, and then two of the popular boys just had to duke it out in gym. I mean come on, grow up a little people. 'le sigh' And thats why I had friends from my old school.

I still do not understand why Kenz said to be careful. She never said that before... Oh well, i only had four hours to get ready, thanks to miss Priss of a teacher, she loved to hand out undeserved detentions. Lovely right?

What outfit do I wear? Which do I take, the car, or the truck? Questions swam in my head.

I finally decide on dark blue jeans, black tank top, and a black leather jacket. For shoes my black cowboy boots, a present from Kenz for my 18th birthday. For accessories, a white watch, a feather ring, and angel wing necklace. I was going for the 'bad girl' look tonight.

Deciding which vehicle to take was a heck of a lot worse than choosing clothes, so I decide on the car, thinking it will draw less attention then the truck. Firebird or '64 Ford truck. Oh yeah, totally the Firebird.

I leave a note telling the Guardians, Auntie and Uncle, not to worry. Hop into the 'bird and speed away.

Bad decision to take the car, very bad decision. But I didn't know that. Yet.

/////Authors Note/////

Please vote and comment if you like this. :)

Cheers,

ofbooksandroses