Chapter Four

Bad Day - Daniel Powter

Jane's P.O.V.

I could not get that entirely too handsome man from my thoughts, but then I noticed a car following me. Pulling up to the gate at my house, I clicked the button and sped through. Glancing back to see that the car had stopped by the gate. Shrugging it off as a case of a lost person, I put my Firebird away.

Entering the house, it is unusually quiet, calling out to see if my Aunt and Uncle are home yields no response. Walking into the kitchen to grab a drink, I notice a note.

'Dear Janey,

Your Uncle and I will be gone for two weeks or so, as our company has bought out a smaller one, and we are needed for that transition. There is money on your card, and there is some cash in the safe in your room for pizza and emergencies. Please refrain from having a party, but feel free to invite some friends over so you are not lonely.

With much love,

Aunt Karen'

I think sadly, 'Great now I'm alone and have to deal with a crazy guy who wants my car, and friends who are not happy with me. Great. Yay me...'

I pull up a movie on Netflix, one of my very favorites: Labyrinth, with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.

"That's not fair!" Sarah shouts. "You always say that. I wonder what your base is for comparison?" speaks Jareth

*River Flows In You plays*

"Oh! Where did I my phone?!" I think out loud. I pause the movie and pick my phone up from the floor.

"Kenz! Hi! What 'sup?"

"Jane, I-I-I am s-so s-so-sorry! We ha-had to te-tell him."

Hearing my best friend stutter from crying had me pacing the living room.

"Kenz, slow down, deep breaths."

"He demanded that we tell him. He wouldn't let Ry, or the Boys race until we told him all we knew."

"Knew about what?"

"Not about what, about whom. You."

I plopped unceremoniously onto the couch.

"Kenz, who is He?" I ask getting nervous.

"The 'Boss', Finch Rainer. He wants you."

*Click*

Silence rains, Kenz had hung up, my heart was in my feet. As I realized three things.

I am alone for two weeks.

My best friend was forced to give information about me.

And now one of the most influential persons around was after me and my car.

I am doomed.

🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌

Waking up on the couch I replay yesterdays events over in my mind. Glancing at the clock told me it was only ten in the morning. For a Saturday that is late to be waking up. Checking my phone for notifications and finding none. After getting ready for the day I look at the clock again to see that it was eleven.

I decide to go out, to the mall and then to the local art fair. Someone had mentioned that Cole, one of the 'Boys', would be there selling some of his paintings. Besides Kenz, Cole was my best friend. I guess my best guy friend.

Taking the truck my Uncle Jay had bought me, a Chevy Silverado, green with gold accents. I head to the mall. Grabbing what I needed, a new church dress and a Orange Julius smoothie, I quickly exit the mall.

Arriving at the art fair, taking a good twenty minutes to find a parking space, I head to the small information booth.

"Hi, um, can I have a map please?" I ask the pleasant-looking old lady behind the table.

"Sure thing deary!" She replies kindly handing me a map. "Try and have fun deary."

"Thanks! Have a nice day ma'am!"

Studying the map I find that Cole is by the fountain near the center of the fairgrounds. I jog that way. Spotting Cole as he is finishing talking to a very tall someone in a hoodie, I call out to him.

"Hey! Cole!"

"Jane?! What are you doing here?"

//////Authors Note//////

I know. I am horrid, I gave you another cliffhanger. But this chapter is longer!

I think I should explain that I will not put up pictures, or make a 'cast' for this book. I want you the reader to decide who you want to see in your mind as Jane, Finch, Cole, Ryan, Kenz, the Boys, and Aunt & Uncle. I will post what there general looks are if you would like. So comment if you would like me to.

Thanks for reading! I will try to update again soon.

ofbooksandroses ^_~