Chapter Five

Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work

HINT: Hooded dude. Don't forget him...

Jane's P.O.V.

"Cole, I here because I wanted to see your paintings!" I said getting upset, as it seemed he didn't want to see me. The hooded man looked at me, with almost a sneer plastered on his horse-like face, turned and walked away. "Strange..."

"Jane, you should't be out right now." Cole spoke hurriedly.

"Why? It's daytime, I am in the middle of the crowded fairgrounds. What's gonna happen to me, ay?"

"You never know who is watching, Jane, you never know."

"Well, I'll head home once I choose one of your beautiful paintings, perhaps the one with the frog so I can pretend he is an enchanted prince." I giggled, trying to lighten the tension emanating off of Cole.

He laughed, " Which one ya want, Princess?"

"How about that one?" I point to the one with an owl perched[?] on a branch.

"Good choice Princess."

"Are you gonna call me Princess from now on?"

"Yep" He replied, popping the p.

He wrapped up the painting so I could transport it home. I handed him the amount he was asking for the painting, with him protesting the whole time that it was a 'gift'. So I shoved the money into his back pocket.

"See ya Cole!" I shout walking away.

"Bye Jane!"

Cole's P.O.V.

"I'm glad she is going home, she isn't safe on her own, not anymore. That guy will probably report back to the 'Boss' that she was here...But I hope not."

Jane's P.O.V.

Wandering around not really wanting to head home, I start to feel as though someone is watching or following me. Scanning my surroundings I searched for the one who was watching me. Finding no one, I start walking again, although a bit faster now, wanting to reach my truck as soon as possible.

*BING* My phone goes off, indicating that there is a text message.

Unknown; "You should not have let him call you princess."

Me; "Who is this?"

Unknown; "You will find out soon enough love."

Me; " Why are you calling me love? I don't know who you are! And why are you threatening Cole?"

Unknown; "You'll find out soon little bird."

Feeling very uncertain, alone, and a bit afraid. I speed up more, some where between a jog and a run. Reaching the truck I carefully place the picture in the passenger seat, setting my shopping bags from the mall onto the passenger floor. Walking around to the drivers side I glance up and see the 'hoodie guy', freaking out internally I hop into the truck and speed out of the parking lot, leaving behind tire marks.

🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌🎌

Passing through the silent home, reaching the threshold of my sanctuary, my bedroom. My cell plays music alerting me to the fact that my bestie is trying to get a hold of me.

"Yellow! What's up Kenz?"

"Um, I called to say that I am sorry for how I acted last night...And for hanging up on you."

"It's alright Kenz. I get that you were pretty freaked out. How did Ryan handle it?"

"Handling me? Or handling having to tell everything he knows about you? Lets just say right now he is at a gym getting it out of his system."

"I am so, so, so sorry that you and the 'Boys' had to deal with that."

"He would have learned that we knew you one way or another, Jane."

"But if something happens I am going to blame myself!"

"Jane, you had no clue that he was the one after you. I somewhat did. I heard rumors, but didn't think they were about you."

"Kenz, I have a question for you..."

"Ask away girly."

"Did you give my cell number to him?"

"Yeah, he forced it from me, why?"

"I got some mysterious texts earlier. That is why." I spoke quietly.

"Jane, what happened? Jane?!"

"I think he doesn't like me talking to other guys... I thought he wanted my car..."

"WHAT HAPPENED JANE?!"

"Um, I went to see Cole at the art fair... And Cole called me princess and somehow HE knew. Kenz, my Aunt and Uncle are gone for three weeks, I am alone and scared!"

"Well then, we are going to have to have a sleepover with lots of chocolate, and sappy love movies."

"You're the best Kenz. Text me when you get here so I can open the gate."

"See you soon. And Jane, bust out your secret stash of Kleenex. We are going to need it."

//////Authors Note//////

742 words

HI DARLINGS! So things are starting to get stalkerish and such. What do you think is going to happen next? Is the sleepover getting crashed? And if it is, who is doing the crashing? Is it the 'Boys'? Or is it Finch and some of his goons?

I will try to update by Wednesday night. But that all depends...

Later Darlings, stay beautiful!

ofbooksandroses