Chapter Two

In which, I am informed of the 'Boss'.

Jane's POV

From my house it only took about 20 minutes to get to the track. Some genius called Shadey Places. I mean who does that? Finding Kenz and the 'Gang' was harder than I thought. They were not in the normal spaces. Apparently they had moved up in their standing. But that meant I had to drive past all the competitors in my baby. Totally not my idea of fun.

I spotted Kenz and Ryan talking apparently waiting for me to show up. When i had backed my car into the spot Kenz indicated, I got out of the car. I swear you could hear about 200 wolf whistles and about 50 'Dang's. I just sigh and turn my attention to Kenz, Ryan, and the Boys. All of whom are looking at me as if I climbed out of a spaceship instead of a car. 

"What?!" I ask, slightly perturbed.

"Do you have any idea what you have just done?" questions Ryan.

"What? What did I do? All I did was come to see the races. And I only did that for Kenz you and the Boys!" I reply, getting upset.

"You, little girl, have just caught the attention of about two hundred men, not to mention that some of them are telling the 'Boss' right now." Ryan darn near screams.

"How did I do THAT? All I did was drive in, park and get out? And who is this 'Boss'?" I say with as much calmness as I can muster. 

Ryan just storms away with the Boys following.

"You came here in a muscle car,and you look hella hot. The 'Boss' runs the races, he can make you or break you. And you have caught his eye." Kenz explained simply.

"How did I catch his eye?" I question.

"You've taken the car out for test drives haven't you?" Kenz asks.

"Yes... But I had to to make sure everything was working... Why?"

"One of those times some on was following you right?" she looks me and I nod. "Well that was the 'Boss', and he has been looking for you and that car ever since."

"But there is noth... There is something special about the car but, its my car!" I blurt out.

"Well you have two choices, one get out of here as quick as you can or, two stay and see what he wants."

"I... What do I do Kenz?"

"Honey, that's up to you. But I will tell you one thing, I don't think it is safe for you here."

When Kenz said that I knew I was in deep, deep, deep, trouble.