~10~

Unknown

*A few days later*

"Dad! There's been a sighting of an angel in Himmel Wood! It's a small town in Texas."

I say as I rush into his office. He looks up at me as I hand him the pictures of the female figure with wings. She seems to be carrying something or someone in her hands? She's flying above a building. The image is a bit blurry, but you can make out some details about the girl. She had long dark colored hair. She looked to be of average height and she had two white wings sprouting out of her back. They look to be made almost out of light. You can't really see the details.

"Good job son. Now we have to bring her in. And get her to talk."

"So we're going to Himmel Wood?"

"Yes, tell the men to get ready. I want you to be there by tomorrow night."

"Yes, sir."

Uriel's POV

When I woke, all I could register was a dull throbbing near the top of my back. I could feel something soft on my back. I groaned and opened my eyes. My mother was in here. She was looking at me in awe.

"Baby, you are going to go through so many hardships. I need you to stay calm, but you're wings are not white."

"What I thought all angel's wings are white?"

"No baby, our wings show our status of powers. Your wings are not white. They're black."

"What does that mean?"

"We don't know yet, but I'm sure I know where to look. Babyboy, you're going to have to tell your mate about yourself. I have a feeling you're going to need him more than ever pretty soon."

"What do you mean? Pretty soon? Do you know something I don't? I mean besides the obvious things."

" I don't know. I'll have to check with your father and your grandma..."

"Grandma? Mom, are you okay? We don't have a grandma. You told us she died when you were young."

"Not mine...your father's."

What the fuck is happening? What does it mean? Why are my wings black? I quickly get off from the bed and run over to the bathroom. I look into the mirror and gasp in shock. My hands cover my mouth. Holy shit! They're so pretty. My wings spread out to be about bigger than my entire arm span. They're a raven black. You can see some tints of purple and blue. They're are not made of feathers, like I thought they would be. they seem to made of some kind of light. It's so weird, it looks like feather made from light, but you can physically touch them yet they don't rip apart my shirt. I start jumping up and down on the balls of my feet as a huge grin comes on my face.

"Mom! Mom! Look at my wings! They're so pretty! I want to fly! Can I? Can I? Please?!"

"No, Uriel. You know you can't be taught till the night has come so you can be hidden."

With that she left the room. I was so excited, I couldn't wait!

*****

When I walked out into the living room, I was a little bit disappointed that Adam didn't stay and wait for me, but I'm relieved because this means I don't really have to explain what happen to me yet. I know, I know, I'm such a pussy. You're probably right, but who cares, I have wings! I looked around and spotted Alex and Ariel cuddled together on the couch, Raph was sitting at the table going through a book, while dad was nowhere to be seen. Mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner. They all look up and gasp in shock. They stared at my wings. They all had questions in their eyes. They made me feel a bit uncomfortable.