~26~

Ivana

I was in my old room of this place. It hurts to come back because of all the memories that took place here. My beloved Victor used to roam these hallways. Thoughts of Victor bring back what happened a week ago.

Flashback

I look on as Blaze and Rosie embrace each other. I'm glad that she found her mate. I can't help but feel a small hint of jealousy though. I miss my Victor. Tala turns to me and smiles at me sympathetically. She's not so bad really. She can be an annoyance but she can also be a good person.

"I know what you're thinking about. I miss him too. What if I told you there was a way you could bring my brother back?"

My eyes widen at what she must be implying. Then, I get angry.

"How dare you! I don't dabble in the dark arts! Victor will not be tainted by the effects of dark magic! You know as well as I do that if someone brings back a loved one from the dead then they and the loved one will forever be tainted! The person will come back with no soul and the spell caster will go insane!"

Tala shook her head.

"You misunderstand, Ivana. The angel of judgement has the power to help us bring back our loved one. Victor isn't dead!"

My heart stops beating and I feel myself start to shake.

"What do you mean? I saw his body! I saw the stake that was pushed through his heart! My hands were covered in his blood! I attended his funeral and saw his coffin get buried!"

"That's what you thought you saw. Yes, he had a stake through the heart. Yes, he bled a lot, but he wasn't dead. You see, I found out that our father didn't want to kill his own son so he chose to put him to sleep. A sleep that makes his entire body shut down and his heart beat only a couple times a day. A sleep that will last just as long as it takes for you die because he didn't turn you and you still have the lifespan of a human. I won't let that happen though because I miss him and I know you do too. "

I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. This can't be! What is going on? Proof. I need proof.

"Where is your proof?"

Tala smiles at me.

"At your house. We brought you the coffin. Blaze managed to locate the real coffin. What you saw get buried was a fake one. My father had people in place to make it believable. The plan was elaborate and well thought out. But, I had an informant who managed to get this information for me."

I didn't bother to listen after she said coffin. I quickly waved my hand and teleported all of us to my house. It began to make sense. Why I could sense him when they first showed up and the box - that I now realized is a coffin- that was covered by the sheet. I quickly ripped off the sheet and opened it. What I saw caused me to gasp. All the energy left my body and I fell onto my knees. Tears were pouring down my face as I stared at my beloved's face. I turned around and looked into Tala's face.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Find the angel of judgement."

"Why?"

"They have the power to undo this spell. He will judge whether this is just and can undo it."

"I can help you locate him, but you'll have to wait here for the next few days. Please don't move from this house. I have to go meet my sons."

Tala nodded and I could tell that she believed me. Now, I just have to find a way to explain all of this to my bambinos.

Present