Chapter 15

*Newt's POV*

Everyone stepped back as a lady walked in from a different room. She had on black pants with a white button down shirt. It had WICKED written on the right. With a man who has a hood over his head beside her.

"Welcome back." She greeted us. "Over two years, and so few dead. Amazing."

I could tell Thomas was getting more angry by the seconds. 

"Excuse me?" I asked.

Her eyes scanned the crowd before looking at Newt. "Everything has gone according to plan, Mr. Newt. Although, we expected a few more of you to give up along the way." The boy took the hood off his head and gasps filled the room. The boy looked up, tears in his eyes.

Gally

"What's he doing here!" Thomas shouted.

"You're safe now. Calm down." The woman said.

"Calm down?" Minho growled. "Who are you to tell us to calm down? We want to see the police, president - someone!" Minho shouted.

"Gally," I spoke, "what's happening?"

Gally didn't speak and the women seemed proud of him. "One day you will all be grateful for what we have done for you here. I can only promise this, and trust your minds to accept it. If you don't, then the whole thing was a mistake. Newt, dark times." She paused. "There is, of course, one more variable." She said, stepping back.

I turned to look at Thomas. He looked scared, his face as white as snow, his eyes bright red. "Gally?" Thomas asked.

Gally finally got something out. "They.. They can control me... I don't-" he stopped talking. "I... I have... to." Each word he struggled to get out. It was like he was choking or something.

It's just like when Alby was in bed, back in the glade, after he went through the changing. This same thing happened to him.

We all noticed Gally reach behind him and pull something out. It was a silver gun. He gripped it tightly and his lips trembled. I noticed Minho gripping the spear he had in his hand. Like he was ready to launch it at Gally. "Gally, listen to me." Thomas spoke, holding out his hand. 

"You don't have to work for them. Just drop the gun. We're free now. Not under their control anymore. You can break out of their control too. Just drop it." Thomas kept his hands up and tried moving closer to Gally.

"Gally." I said. "Calm down." Gally gripped the gun tighter and more tears fell from his eyes, it was like he didn't want to do it, but couldn't stop. He had no control of himself.

"No!" We all shouted as Gally pulled the trigger. He instantly dropped the gun when Minho's spear tore into his chest. He instantly fell to the ground and the women was gone in seconds. From what we all saw Gally was dead. 

"Chuck!" I heard Thomas scream. I looked at the two boys on the ground. Thomas holding Chuck in his arms, blood showing on his shirt. Thomas was crying. Chuck must have jumped in front of the bullet. Stacey stood beside me and squeezed my hand.