‡Chapter 15 - Trust Me‡

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate" - C.G. Jung

Picture above is Eli's dream :) ^^^^^

The next morning, I woke up with a startle when I found Julliane lying beside me. I almost screamed but I covered my mouth instantly when I remembered what had happened yesterday.

More importantly last night.

He greeted me with a warm smile and took my hand to lead downstairs. I felt embarrassed but nonetheless followed obediently. It feels like something out of a fairytale, my prince charming sweeping me off my feet.

I still wasn't use to his touch.

Once we arrived at the entrance, Julianne had faced me with his spring orbs, instructing me to close my eyes. He whispered it close to my ear, his face mere inches from mine. I immediately obeyed and let my eyes flutter close, ignoring the soft tingles his voce brought over my body.

I can feel his soft breath on my face with our close proximity. His left hand held mine firmly while I tried to walk, his other hand went behind the small of my back, guiding me. We started walking, taking small careful steps towards our destination while I kept my eyes closed.

"Trust me" he had whispered.

After a few steps I felt him stop, keeping me in place as well.

I was struggling to keep my eyes close from curiosity. All this excitement was not good for my heart.

"Open your eyes Rose" he said softly.

I slowly opened my eyes taking in my surroundings.

To say I was astonished was an understatement. My knees felt like jelly and I feel as if I was near to fainting. The room was filled with the most dazzling jewelries I had ever seen. They were laid out on several elongated tables, dazzling like those beautiful stars I often see at a cloudless night.

I have never seen one so up close, so close I could almost touch them. A sudden thought had crossed my head bringing my hand directly to my mouth.

It couldn't be for me right? It simply was insane!

The thought simply boggled my mind. It was too good to be true!

"They are all for you, Rose" he said, answering my earlier question. I switched my gaze to him, my eyes wide in questioning. I was silently asking if I heard right, if it was all truly for me. Julianne had just nodded in response.

"Julianne, I- I don't know what to say..... I couldn't. This is too much" I declined. "I couldn't"

"Is it not to your liking?" his face held curiosity and something else I couldn't recognize. Mischief? "I should replace them first thing in the morning."

"No, it is not that" I quickly answered "They are too much. I- I don't deserve such extravagance."

His mouth tugged upwards to form a smile, followed by a light chuckle. "You're right Rose, you don't. You deserve more. Much, much more" he said in between "I'm afraid it will be put to waste since no one will use it?"

Oh god up above, what to do? I don't want him to squander his riches on me. I would look like I only wanted Julianne for his riches. I can't really say it didn't add to Julianne's already perfect image. In this case, declining these jewelries would mean... I'm afraid I would be taken as an ingrate.

There was no harm in accepting these, right?

After moments of debating, I decided to accept his gifts. It simply was happiness on his part, and mind shattering for mine. A win-win situation for both of us, I guess? I would gladly accept a pinch or two if ever I am dreaming. The experience was simply unbelievable!