Chapter 4 - Coffee for Life

>>>>>

Beca POV :

Oh my god. I couldn't believe it, 24 hours ago I was still in New York and now here I am, all the way in Miami. What am I doing? Is this really gonna be worth it? I have no idea where the fuck she is.

I wondered around the Miami airport for a while and bought a coffee before heading to my hotel to check in. After checking in, I laid down on the bed and decided to take a nap first.

>>>>>
(3 days later)

I came here with the intention to see Chloe, but here I am, in a pet shop, trying to buy treats for Amy's cat. Maybe I should've planned it all better instead of coming here with no clue what I'm doing. I picked out 2 fancy looking treats before heading to the cashier to make my payment, until someone tapped me on my left shoulder..

I turned around and saw Chloe. I was shocked and took a moment to chill out. She was absolutely stunning, as usual. Chloe was wearing a simple black pair of converse, jeans and a "guns n roses" t shirt. Her wavy hair was let down, the length of it reaching her chest area. She wasn't wearing much make up, just a faint layer of pink lipstick, a little bit of bronzer to accentuate her cheekbones and perfectly drawn eyeliner.

"Hi, Beca, I didn't expect to see you here!" Chloe smiled warmly. Making the butterflies in my tummy go crazy.

"I.. I urm.. Didn't think I'd see you here as well" I replied, a clearly noticeable tremble in my voice. I was about to collapse right there and then with how beautiful she looked.

"Beca are you okay? You look a little pale."

"Oh yea I'm fine, just... Not used to the heat in Miami since I was born in New York, hahah."

"Oh okay, would you want to go get coffee with me after paying for your, urm, cat treats?" Chloe suggested while squinting at the two packets in my hand. "Sorry I didn't wear my contact lenses today!" She said with a giggle. I laughed and nodded, agreeing to her offer.

After paying, Chloe wrapped her arm around my shoulder and led me towards the cafe she recommended, reaching only a few minutes after. Which meant that she would take her hand off me, and she did. I was disappointed until she said "I love this place, it's so warm and cozy, and it's my second favorite cafe in this whole world!"

I was curious about what the first cafe was, but decided not to ask. She optimistically opened the door and bowed down, "my lady." She whispered in a very formal tone, I laughed at her gesture and played along. "Why thank you." I replied in a British accent, nodding my head as I walked pass the door. I made my way to an empty table as Chloe went to order. She came back not long after with two mugs.

"Oooh what did you buy?" I asked, the familiar coffee scent entering my nose.

"Well, I bought your favorite hazelnut latte!" She replied with enthusiasm.

I smiled and thanked her while reaching for my mug of coffee. Chloe reciprocated my smile and reached for her mug of coffee too.

Almost 40 minutes passed, we were getting ready to leave when I felt the urge to ask what her first favorite cafe was. But still kept quiet.

"Hey do you want to.. You know, maybe come to my apartment? I feel like watching a horror movie and my best friend is not available. I don't wanna watch myself because I'm basically a pussy." Chloe asked, her eyes glimmering with hope. I felt rooted to the ground, is this one of those Netflix and chill moment? Because yea I'm down for that.

"Of course! The hotel is boring anyway." I smiled and linked our arms together, "lead the way miss." I pointed ahead and noticed her blushing..