𝐱𝐯𝐢. THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT JANELLE

˖*°࿐chapter sixteen

˖chapter sixteen.
xvi. THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT JANELLE

———

janelle

one week later

As you could probably tell by the time skip, I don't want to talk about it. And by 'it', I mean the encounter I had with Kai and don't even get me started on Klaus.

Just know that the conversation we had about my situation, didn't exactly end with a kiss, or a hug goodbye. Which also means that I didn't go back to New Orleans with him either. I'm just so stressed out right now and I don't want to deal with him anymore.

Yes, we're still together. I'm just choosing not to talk to him at the moment. And if you're wondering, I didn't tell Klaus the entire reason as to why I had Elijah erase my memories of Kai. I may have been mad at him, but that doesn't mean I want him to hate me for basically lying to him for the last 18 years.

So I covered that up with another lie.

Yep, a great plan, Janelle — note the sarcasm.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the front door. I got up from the couch and went to answer it. And there stood Elena.

"Damon's not here. And even if he was, I still wouldn't let you in the house," I said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm not here to see Damon. I came here to talk to you," she said.

"I'd rather be put in a tank full of flesh-eating piranhas than hear you speak," I told her with no emotion, shutting the door behind me.

"All I'm asking for is five minutes." I jumped back in surprise as she stood right in the living room. "The faster you let me talk, the faster I'll leave."

"What could you possibly want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"I want us to be friends again," Elena replied to me slowly.

Of course, I hate to admit it, but Elena and I were friends at one point. It was around the time she was still human. Then, the relationship she had with my brothers got way too complicated and she practically pulled them apart, so I was just done with her.

"Why?" I asked her, utterly confused.

"Because Damon is your brother and my boyfriend," she stated. "We are eventually going to be starting a life together, which means I'm gonna be around a lot. So it's not gonna be fun for either one of us if we're fighting all time, especially since you're pregnant now."

Oh, just pull the pregnancy bit.

Footsteps entered the room and both of us looked up to see a tired Stefan. "What's going on here?" he asked.