Chapter 1

I was in this pack and I hated it. In case your wondering my name is Lindsay Mae Write and I am in a hateful pack that treats others like shit. The soon to be alpha is an ass that likes to torture his own members if they do any little thing wrong. Once he became alpha it got worse.

I graduated high school at seventeen and went to work right away and took college classes as well. I avoided all members of my pack. I was always shy and to focused on my schooling and work. On the night before my eighteenth birthday I got home to late and the alpha was waiting.

"where have you've been bitch".

I froze in fear as he slapped my face.
"I was at work Jace".

He growled and shoved me to Sam his beta and ordered him to lock me in a cell. Tears filled my eyes as  yanks me downstairs to the cells and shoves me inside. He doesn't say anything as he locks the door and walks away.

I sit on the cold floor waiting for the torture I know is to come. Jace Blackwell is brutal and doesn't care about anyone or anything.

He comes down and looks at me in disgust. He unlocks the door and comes in. He has a whip and I know the next couple hours I am gonna be hurting bad. He always hits me no matter what I do or don't do.

"stand up slut",he roars.

I quickly get up and keep my eyes on the floor. He walks up and slaps my cheek hard. I stumble but remain standing.

Sam comes in and Jace orders him to chain my hands above my head. It's whipping time now. I shake cause I know he will not be gentle. Last time he beat me I couldn't walk for a week.

The first crack of the whip hits and I cry out as pain tears through my back. He keeps going till I had twenty slashes to my back. I hang there crying quietly as they talk to one another.

"cut her down and leave her here".
I didn't utter a sound as Sam cut my wrist free. I drop to the ground with a soft grunt.

Before he leaves Jace kicks my side till I hear a crack. He just broke my ribs again.

They both leave and I am left to sob as pain snakes through my entire body. I cry for hours as I lay in my own blood. I couldn't move cause if I did it hurt making me whimper.

I fell into a fitful sleep only to be woken hours later to Sam taking me to the infirmary. I am healing slowly and it hurts as he carries me there. I try not to cry out in pain as he walks with me in his arms.

The doctor cringes when he sees me and has Sam lay me down on the bed.
"okay Lindsay I am gonna set your ribs so it heals right. I will also apply wolfsglove to heal the whip marks.
I just nod my head as everything he does hurt.

Sam looks at me and walks out. Midnight hits.
"looks like its your birthday sweetie. Happy eighteenth Lindsay".

I nod my thanks as I hiss as he cleans my whip marks. Once he is done he leaves and I cry again.

The pain is ridiculous as I heal. My wolf is upset cause she works overtime to heal me. I finally fall asleep only to wake to voices arguing.

"that weak bitch can't be my mate".
I open my eyes as Jace stares at me in disgust.

"I will never accept this!!",he roars.

I just close my eyes knowing what is coming. I feel my wolf whine as Jace walks up and growls at me.

I open my eyes to a pissed alpha with his beautiful blue eyes.
He says words that hurt but I know it's for the best.

"I Jace Michael Blackwell reject you Lindsay Mae Write as my mate".

I nod sadly.
"I accept your rejection Jace Michael Blackwell".

He walks out and as soon as I am healed I get up and leave. I go to my room pack my stuff grab all my money stashed in my room and walk away from my sad excuse of a pack.

I get in my car and don't bother looking back as I drive away to start a new life.