Chapter 17

After our stress relief in Jace's office he mind links Sam to come and they go over the letter addressed to me. I am nervous cause I don't have enemies well besides Jace's. Since I am his mate I obtained his enemies.

Ren is gone so that leaves others or maybe some of our new pack members. I sigh cause I hate thinking about this and worrying about possible threats. We come up with a plan and decide that only us three will know about the threat for now.

Sam installs cameras everywhere and we take turns watching them. As I doze on the couch Sam and Jace watch live video feeds and talk amongst themselves.

"Bro I am glad you got such a good mate",Sam said looking up at Jace smiling.

"I am just glad she took me back Sam I really messed up in the past".

Sam nodded as a hooded figure came on screen and looked around before dropping a letter. They ran away and Jace stood up growling.

"why can't they just leave my mate alone", Jace said looking at me sadly.

Sam just shrugged and went to grab the letter. He didn't even tell his mate what was going on and for that I was thankful cause the less people involved the less we have to worry.

I wake Lindsay and we all sit to read the next threat.

So busy looking for me. Your mate knows her death is near cause I am close. I won't make a mistake and your little mate will die and so will you alpha.
Coming soon

Lindsay sighs and sits on the couch looking sad. She wipes a tear as Sam and I watch her. She just wipes her face and doesn't look up.

"Its my stepdad Jace",she says looking up and wiping more tears. Seeing my mate so upset pisses me off.

I hug her and kiss her lips.
"how do you know its your step father?",we ask as she hugs me back.

"Its his writing Jace. He hates me and now that his son is dead that
leaves his daughter, my mom and him to get revenge and kill me".

Jace growls and I hug him tighter.
I just want us to live happily and so far we can't.

I burrow into Jace and he kisses my head.
My mom lost her first mate in a rogue fight and three years later she met Mitch and his kids. They realized they were second chance mates and my life became hell.

Jace hugged me tighter and mind linked warriors to bring my family in.
They must of not been able to find them cause Jace growled and put the pack house on lock down.

Why can't we just live happily ever after. Damn threats from my stupid family.