Chapter 2

It's been a year and a half since I left the Blackwell Crescent Pack and I am happy being alone. I finished college and got a nursing job. I also took self defense classes and I signed up for MMA classes and I am really good at it.

I was in shape and feeling great. After work one night as I walked to my car I ran into Jace's beta Sam. He looked me over and smiled.
"how are you Lindsay? ",he asked smiling.

I backed up as he just stood there making me fear his next movements.

"good and yourself",I asked nicely.
I was messing with my name tag and scrub top. He smiled as he watched me.

"I am good now that I found you",he said looking at my face.

I completely froze as fear set in. Why would he want to find me I wasn't hiding I just left the pack.

"what...what do you mean? "

He stepped closer as I stepped back.

"you need to come with me the pack needs you".

I scoffed as he said that the pack didn't need me and I sure as hell didn't need or want them.

"Lindsay please just come willingly cause I don't want to hurt you".

"you never answered my question what do you mean by the pack needs me Jace rejected me so I left. There is no reason for me to come back".

Sam looked down then back up at something over my shoulder. I turned and my face paled as Jace stood there looking down at me.

Gulping I stepped away as he got closer.
"you need to come home now your needed and your mom has been asking for you",Jace says to me.

"she has all of you she doesn't need me anymore none of you do. The abuse was testament to that. I am not coming back to be abused and treated like a slave. I have a new life now and a job I love alot".

Jace growls and bends down to my height. Usually I would cower but I don't and he looks amused.

"your my mate and you don't have a choice your coming home".

I begin to chuckle as he narrows his eyes.
"why would I come back to a brutal pack that mistreats their pack members. You beat me constantly and I did nothing wrong to deserve it. I am scarred thanks to you. Just leave me alone Jace".

I turned to leave only to be grabbed and slammed against the car.

"don't make me force you Lindsay cause we both know I could make you".

I chuckle darkly and look up at him as I look at his hands on my arms.

"not the same scared girl I use to be Jace remove your fucking hands or I will hurt you".

He looks shocked as anger makes his eyes darken. He advances and yanks me to him. Bending down he whispers in my ear and growls.

"you are my mate and coming back home I don't care if you like it or not. I will force you if I have to".

Like hell.