Ch 2 Cause of Neglect

Time skip three years later.
     "What do you mean he is dead, he obviously is walking around and being our cute little son!" An angry Kushina shouts, going into nine-tails Uzumaki rage mode (Lol). The quivering doctor answers panickly "W-w-what w-we m-mean is t-that N-naruto sama h-has n-no h-heart b-beat and n-no v-vitals, Uzumaki sama" bowing profusely, not wanting to face the wrath of Kushina sama. Kushina stopped as Minato flashed into the room with little Naruto, Menma, and Mito.
     Over the years the doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong with Naruto as he always appeared sickly and malnourished. While Menma looked like Minato with Kushina's eyes and attitude and Mito looked like Kushina with Minato's eyes and attitude. Naruto had a hollow face mostly grey hair with blond streaks and red tips, stormy grey blue-violet eyes and a frail body with a calm and loyal attitude with some coldness, that is if he talked to you. Some would say he was a perfect blend of Minato and Kushina, others would say he is a genetic disaster. He couldn't process food right, but still was healthy despite his look and now he showed no vitals or bloodlines other than the Uzumaki reserves as he has the largest of the triplets surprising his parents. Mito had the Uzumaki chakra, and Menma had the Namikaze wind bloodline.
     "Tou-san, why are those people saying I'm dead, am I dying?" Naruto asked his father, body trembling.
     "No Naruto, you aren't dying, we were just clearing things up with these people," Minato said glaring at the doctors.
     "But Yondaime-sama, check his pulse," begged the doctors hoping to convince the Yondaime that their son is dead.
     "Fine, but if you are wrong I will have Tsunade take care of you," He said evilly. The doctors shivered. Minato held Naruto's wrist, not finding a pulse, calmly he was thinking about what was wrong and then he pressed his fingers against Naruto's neck and head to his chest finding that they were both sikent and cold.
     "No," he whispered, how could this happen. Kushina went over and hugged Naruto, finding that he is cold and felt lifeless despite his reactions of shaking and hugging his mother back. Meanwhile Menma and Mito were asleep.
     Minato flashed away and back with Tsunade and Jiraiya. Tsunade heard what was happening and decided to check herself, finding no vitals. Jiraiya had a solemn look on his face as he also had a prophecy.
     "Sadly, Naruto is dead, but his soul lives on in his body, we will give him food, drinks, and shelter, but we all know he is dead now" Minato said to the adults as he put his two children and thought to be dead son to sleep. They all nodded seeiously except for Kushina whi was crying over the loss of her son.
     "The toads have told me of a prophecy that states that the Last hope of the world  will be that who have been rebirthed to the world in perfect yin and yang harmony," Jiraiya says.
     "That must be Menma and Mito, they have the yin and yang chakra rebirthed from the Kyūbi, they will have the power to bring Naruto's body back to life!" Minato says excitedly forgetting about how Naruto's soul only lived on in the shell of his body. "We must train them at once," Minato says with the approval of Jiraiya.
     "Tou-san, promise me that you will train me to become a great ninja like you," Naruto says sleeply, waking up at the mention of training. "I promise," Minato says sadly, lieing  "knowing" that he can't train a soul. As Naruto falls asleep again.
     "Hello Naruto" says a voice in his head.
      "Hi voice" Naruto says.
     Naruto enters his mindscape that is completly grey. He sees a man that looks like his father except for his grey hair and Shinigami clothes. "Call me Shin-senpai," the man says. Naruto nods and says "Call me Naruto please Shin-senpai." Slightly bowing.
     "When you are sleeping I will teach you about your power"  Shin said.
     "Sorry, but I don't want to, tou-san is going to teach me" Naruto says firmly. Shin sighs and thinks 'I suppose I will give him a month to realize that Minato doesn't care about him any more. As I will need his full commitment in training to merge the sage of the six paths good chakra to his chakra to counteract and balance with mine creating harmony within him when he is seven'.
     And so the neglect started.
Photo from: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130926125400/narutofanon/images/5/5e/Fushi_Shinni.jpg