Prologue

Before it began...

"There is Happiness for those who accept their fate. There is Glory for those who resist their fate." Said a soulless, teenage girl puppet.

"Now be quiet you!" A middle aged woman hissed. "You know that this isn't a story or something like that. Also you should know when to stay silent. I'll tell you when you may speak, got it?"

"Yes, Miss Drosselmeyer." She bowed slightly to her. Ms. Drosselmeyer then looked down, so did the soulless puppet.

As they stared down from above the sky, there was a little girl that had red and orange hair tied in a small braid playing in the sand box, next to her was a boy with dark green hair tied in a small ponytail who was staring at his messy sand castle. They then looked at two women adults, one had gentle orange hair braided, she giggled at the sight of the children. The other had dark long green hair also tied in a ponytail, she smirked a little smile at the children.

The little girl smiled back at the two women then looked back down at the sand castle. The little girl accidently took her hands above the sand castle without knowing and fell over the sand castle which ended up, destroyed.

The boy quickly looked back to the girl as he saw the castle turn into a pile of sand. The boy immediately stood up and started to shout at the girl.

"Hey! You ruined my castle! That took me forever to make!" The boy growled at the girl.

The little girl looked at the angry boy as tears filled her eyes. She started to whimper loudly and the young women with the orange braided hair bent down towards the girl. The women started to wipe the tears away from the girl's eyes and whispered a tune softly to her. The women with dark long green pony tail hair followed the orange hair woman, but toward the boy. The dark green hair woman bend down to the dark green boy, she asked him to apologize to the little orange head girl.

He looked up at his mother, and started yelling, "BUT SHE RUINED THE SAND CASTLE I MADE!" The little orange head girl flinched when she was pointed at by the boy.

"I di-idn't mee-an t-to..." the little orange head girl said with fright.

Before the boy was about to yell again, the orange braided hair woman spoke, "Fakir, you should know she didn't mean to ruined it."

Fakir looked down at the castle then at the little girl, "I-I'm sorry, Ahiru." Ahiru's mother wiped her tears and snot with tissues.

"It-" Ahiru tried saying, while her mother wiped her nose, "It's okay, Fakir." Ahiru's mother then finished, Ahiru looked up at Fakir who was looking the other way and said, "Do-don't look at me, snotty-face." Ahiru face then turned red with anger.

As Ahiru's angry childlike voice was slowly being faded, Miss Drosselmeyer smiled.

"Hmm, this is much intriguing." Her voice purred with delight. "I believe that this life will be the most fun to mess with. Don't you agree my puppet?"

Miss Drosselmeyer took her puppet's chin with one hand and moved it in front of her face. The evil grin and twinkle in her eyes stared right at hers.

"Of c-course." She suddenly stumbled. Her eyes went wide as she wondered why did she stumbled, hopefully her master didn't hear that but alas her master did.

"What was that? Edel." Miss Drosselmeyer grabbed Edel's chin, hard.

"I-I'm sorry Miss Drosselmeyer! I-I don't know w-what happened!" She said in slight fright with one eye that almost looked warm but mostly dull blue, soulless. Edel's hair covered her other eye.

"Stupid brat, don't you ever stumble again! I am your master and you are not aloud to feel any emotions!" Miss Drosselmeyer growled.

"YOU ARE A PUPPET SUPPOSE TO BE WITH NO EMOTION!..." Ms. Drosselmeyer yelled and looked down at the children at the sandbox, then at Edel.

"SO DO YOUR PART CORRECTLY PUPPET!" Ms. Drosselmeyer yelled at the puppet.

The girl, Edel, stared at her master as she nodded, "Yes Miss, I'm sorry."

After that, silence was in the air between them, Ms. Drosselmeyer then looked at the children, still yelling. Then she noticed them stop, Ahiru had her eyes closed, arms crossed but turned around. But Fakir got most of Ms. Drosselmeyer interest, his back facing Ahiru's back, but instead of being angry, he was a bit embarrassed and ashamed of himself, his arms real straight at his sides and looked at the ground unhappy.

Edel stared at the children with dull eyes, she then closed them and looked away. Edel then looked up at her master, who had a sinister grin and a glint in her eye. Edel looked at her then toward the children once again, 'Those children are free, happy, cherished, hopeful too. But soon tragedy will strike, and suffering will be made. And when that happens, my master will be pleased to see these mortals in pain...suffering.'

Edel then heard a command from her Ms. Drosselmeyer, "Edel, when the story plays, you will be her guide to the suffering..alright?" She said with a stern menacing voice.

Edel then blinked her blue dull eye, then tucked her hair that was covering her other eye behind her ear. Showing a dull green eye.

"Yes Miss Drosselmeyer." She said as she slightly bowed with eyes closed.

"Your first act, poor homeless girl, understand?" Ms. Drosselmeyer then turned to face her, looking at her with sinister, swirling eyes, "Catch her attention to let her help you. From there I will contact you by thought."

Edel stood straight but did not opened her eyes, "Yes Miss."

After that, Miss Drosselmeyer left swiftly through a cloud and disappeared. Leaving Edel by herself. 'May this story end happily, fore I will secretly and hopefully guide them to safety.' Thought the soulless puppet with a tiny hint of warmth in her eyes, followed by one small quiet beat of her heart.

~A/N~ This story was helped by JessReighard ! Check her page! She has anime fanfiction stories that I love!