"She's back"

Lauren sat at the bar in her apartment, waiting for Camila to leave her bedroom. It's been over an hour since her mothers designer and stylist arrived, and for some reason Lauren was getting nervous. She assumed it was introducing Camila to her family, even if it was just as friends. Lauren had only had one serious relationship, and it ended the second she became a Marine.

She hadn't wanted to join, because the thought of leaving her girlfriend of four years was daunting, but the words her father told her had always steeled her resolve.

He told her if Selena did not have the loyalty and perseverance to wait for Lauren for two years, then she wasn't going to be the wife Lauren needed her to be. And Lauren needed her to be that wife. Yes, she grew up privileged, but she also grew up with a strong sense of duty. She watched her parents love and support each other endlessly, and knew that's the kind of love that she wanted more than anything. Selena had broken up with Lauren the day she had enlisted, after four years of telling her that she would.

Selena told her how she couldn't settle for waiting around when she had so much life to live. Lauren was heart broken, but assumed that if they stayed in touch Selena would eventually change her mind.

She didn't.

Lauren went to basic and finished her training before being sent off to the middle east. The war may not have started yet, but the hostilities were high, and soldiers were still dying daily. Lauren struggled.. She came from a privileged life, and though she had never been pretentious, it was still a major adjustment. She spent days unable to sleep, in fear of her surroundings and if the previous day would be her last.

She had slowly been losing her mind until the girl in her bedroom changed her fate and gave her a reason to push herself harder. Camila didn't know it yet, but she had saved Laurens life more times than she could count. If Lauren was excited about anything, it was getting a chance to know and help the girl that had done so much for her.

Lauren heard a door open, and turned around only to have her breath catch in her throat.

Camila stepped out of the room in a red dress that hugged her curves in every way. Her hair ran down her back in sexy curls, and her face held make up so naturally done, that it didn't take away from her innocent look, yet made her appear more mature.. almost angelic with a sexy undertone.

Lauren stood smiling as she said,"You look incredible Camila."

Camila ran her eyes along the sexy black dress hugging Lauren's body and made her way up to her beautiful face as she responded,"So do you. Who knew my Marine would look so hot in a dress?"

"Your Marine?" Lauren asked smirking.

Camila blushed shrugging. "Your always saving me, I feel like I'm allowed possessive pronouns."

Lauren laughed as she shook her head. "True. For the past few days I've been using my Marine training to save you from relentless idiots, so I guess it's a accurate assessment."

Camila smiled still blushing as she pulled on the purse her stylist said she 'had to wear with the dress', and asked"So you driving?"

Lauren chuckled shaking her head. "We don't drive to these kinds of things Camz, there's a limo outside."

"Camz huh? Careful Jauregui, some may think your getting attached." Camila replied cheekily.

Lauren smiled shaking her head as she picked up her purse from the bar.

"You wish, Camz." Lauren teased lightly.

"Oh I do! Who wouldn't want a sexy Marine rescuing them for life! You could open my door to save me from breaking a nail, or jump in front of a water balloon to save my white shirts from getting soaked! The possibilities are endless!" Camila playfully replied mocking her.