Last straw

"You've been dating her for almost a month and a half chancho! I want to meet her!" Dinah exclaimed dramatically.

Dinah had been ranting for weeks about meeting Lauren, and never seeing Camila anymore. The best friends had little to no time together, and it was depressing the Togan. Here Camila was, rushing off to meet Lauren..... Again.

"China. when she picks me up, your in classes, and when we work at the bar, your studying. When do you plan on meeting her if your never around?" Camila exclaimed back exasperated.

Dinah pouted, and said,"I should just get a job at the bar if the only time we see watch other is breakfast."

"Actually Ally said she would hire you permanently if you wanted. Stacy is always calling in, and Dinah needs a extra person." Camila suggested, packing up her her books in her bag to take with her.

"I'll stop by the bar today after classes and talk to her, because is not working Chancho! It's our last year together before you run off building homes for third world countries, or whatever the peace corps does, and I NEED my chancho time!" Dinah demanded frustrated.

Camila stopped packing her bags, and walked over to Dinah's bed, where the Togan had throw herself in a fit of frustration, and wrapped her arms around her pouting friend guiltily.

"I'm sorry China, I know I haven't had time for you lately, and I'm sorry. Its just, I only have five months with Lauren, and it's already been a month and a half. That's only three and a half left before she runs off and puts herself in the kind of danger, I may never get her back from. I don't want to look back and waste this time." Camila explained as tears well her eyes.

Dinah feeling bad for not seeing how much Camila needed this time with Lauren, sighed.

"It's gonna be okay Mila. She'll go, do what she has to and come back to you in one piece. Have some faith. She's made it this far, and that's a good sign. I guess I didn't realize how much she meant to you. I'm sorry for being so needy. Spend the time you need with Lauren, and I'll work at the bar so we get some time together. Who knows, maybe I'll meet a girl there, and keep my self occupied." She joked earning a smile from Camila.

"I didn't think I would feel this way about ANYONE to be honest. But Dinah, the day I saw her at the bar, I knew there was something about her, but I was just too much of a coward to just approach her. Then when she saved me if felt like fate gave me and a second chance, and it had to before a reason right? Then the next day she comes to lecture at my class? Yes, fate couldn't be more obvious to me. Lauren will play some kind of role in my life, I just hope its the role I want. For the next few months I can find out if she was meant for me, but to be honest, after knowing what I do of her, it would be a cruel hand of fate if she isn't. She's everything I could want in someone, and I can't shake this feeling about feeling some kind of strong connection to her. I don't know maybe I'm just tired and rambling." Camila whispered quietly.

"No Mila, your not rambling. I understand now, really I do. If I were in your shoes, I would be holding tight until I couldn't anyore. People just don't land in your life like Lauren did. So you have the best five months you can, and when she's gone I'll be here to keep you occupied." Dinah said smiling.

"Thanks China." Camila whispered softly.

"Anytime Chancho." Dinah said fondly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bar became busy in a way the girls were not prepared to handle. Girls poured in from all around, and not only girls. Gay men had heard of the problems the girls had been having, and offered their services to help them. Not just gay men it seemed, but once word spread through out the community of what Lauren and her friends were doing, other military personnel offered their services.