Impact of something beautiful

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into just past a month.

Lauren's disappearance was something that no one talked about, everyone hoping for that call that gave them some reprieve from the fear they wouldn't stop growing.

Camila was on auto pilot.

She studied continuously for her final exams, ignoring the celebrations going on around her, and used her free time to work at Jauregui Inc along side Lauren's family on her free time. She had officially quit her job at Lips, but frequented the bar at least once a week, silently nursing a scotch at the seat of the bar she had first caught a glimpse of the lost Marine.

Dinah and Ally worried about her state of mind constantly. They watched as the circles under her eyes went from small to deep marks on her skin, no longer hidden by simple cosmetics.

Not that Camila tried to cover them much any more.

Her appearance started to change after the announcment of Lauren's dissapearance, and she went from wearing her clothes, to only wearing Laurens.

It became a daily thing for her to be sporting Lauren's bomber jacket, and Marine sweaters, no matter the weather.

The one good thing from her lack of care, was that the many lesbians that had used to hit on her relentlessly, steered clear of the clearly hurting Cuban.

Just like Camila wanted.

Her mother called almost daily, and she had even spoken to her father who had assured her that the Marine corps would fight hard to find Lauren.

The only comfort she had was that Clara understood her pain and didn't hover the way her parents were. Clara's eyes also showed the heavy strain she was under since the disappearance of her daughter, and she knew she was the last to judge Camila on her emotional state.

She was worried when Camila started losing weight on her already thin body, and took the opportunity to feed her any chance she had. She didn't understand how Camila was starting to look so sickly, when she had seen the woman eating on a daily occurrance. She assumed it was stress, and couldn't think of a way to comfort her that would make a bit of difference.

It was currently a week before her graduation, and she was having her sunday dinner at the Jauregui's home.

The meal was filled with chatter about upcoming events and Camila's graduation, to which every Jauregui demanded a ticket, needing to see the valedictorians moment of glory.

Right in the middle of Demi and Chris's debate on wheither Camila should start her speech with a joke or not, there was a loud knock on the door silencing them all immediately.

No one could tell you why there was such tension in the air, only that they knew no one visited on sunday's that weren't invited, and knew this intruder had news that could make or break them.

Mike stood, walking towards their front door as Clara gather everyone in the living room anxiously.

Their suspicions were confirmed when two familar Marines entered the living room, following a scared Mike.

There was a deafening silence, and the Marines knew from experience how terrified the loved ones were to ask the inevitable question.

Deciding to spare them the wait, the female Marine from before said,"She's injured but she's okay."

There were cries of relief that around the room, as the tension dissipated and everyone felt the month's fears and nightmares disappear within seconds of those beautiful words.

It felt unreal, and almost assumed it was a dream, but couldn't stop the grateful tears streaming down camila face as Taylor hugged her hard crying in relief that her big sister was in fact alive.