Ordinary People

Here I am standing at the Lockwood cellar at 6 A.M. Yes you heard me 6 in the damn morning. Damon decide that I was needed at this ungodly hour to help dig up some information to help us take down Klaus. I mean yes I'm giving him another chance to redeem himself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to forget about all the horrible things he's done and turn my back on my family.

"Let's go." Damon says as we make our way through the tunnels towards Alaric and Elena.

I gave a little head nod acknowledging that I saw them, but I'm also not in the mood for bullshit.
We continue our journey through the tunnels. I feel that we are reaching the end soon based on the amount of time we have been walking.

"So, you really can't get in?" Elena asks causing me to be slightly confused.

"No." Damon answers shortly. "Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire."

"What do you mean ancient?" Elena asks.

"What do you mean by anti-vampire?" I asks narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

Damon rolls his eyes choosing to ignore me and just answer Elena when he says, "See for yourself."

We continue walking for awhile before we finally hit the entrance. We continue to walk, but Damon stops a little before the entrance. As I begin to question why I walk directly into a damn wall. Or at least I thought it was. When I look up I'm at the entrance.

'What the hell?' I think as I try to put my hand through the entrance, but it won't let me. 'So that's what he meant by anti-vampire.'

"Well this is as far as we go." Damon says and I feel like I'm ready to pulverize him. I could still be in bed asleep.

"What is all this?" Elena asks from inside the cave.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story. Right there is the moon cycle. A man and a wolf." Alaric explains and I thank the Lord that he's here to explain it.

"A werewolf." Elena guesses causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah it's the Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary Style." Damon jokes causing me to chuckle.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s." Elena says.

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric says.

"Very long." Alaric points out. "Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script."

"Vikings?" Elena asks.

"This name here, I translated it and it reads Niklaus." When he says this my heart beats 100 times faster.

"Klaus." Elena says.

"And Elijah... and Rebekah." Alaric states.

"The names of the original family." I say knowing that each and every single one of their names are there.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls." Alaric explains. "Or even the entire new world."

"Okay, this has got to be one of Klaus' fakes." Elena say, but I shake my head no.

"It's his birth given name. All of their names." I say wishing I could see it for myself.

"The last name on here makes me believe what you say is true Angie." Alaric says.

"What's the name?" Elena asks.

"Mikael." Alaric says and I feel chills run through my body.

"Mikael as in the vampire hunter that knows how to kill Klaus?" Elena asks. She is just on a roll with dumbass questions today.