The Last Day

*Angelique's Pov*

To say that the following morning had been crazy would have been a complete understatement. I found myself being held up by my neck by Damon, when I came creeping back inside this morning, demanding to know where I was all night. I had also found Stefan laid out on the floor with a wooden stake jabbed in his abdomen.

The icing on the crazy cake was finding out that instead of going along with using the elixir that Elijah had in his possession, Damon forced Elena to drink his blood.

That certainly fucked things up seeing as Elena was going to come back to life as a vampire going through transition rather than as her human self. This situation had many more repercussions as well. First, Elena was going to become something that everyone around her knew that she never wanted. The second flaw being the fact that Klaus was not going to be thrilled by this when he found out.

So here I sat next to Damon with Alaric on his other side at the Grill getting drunk.

"I screwed up," Damon muttered.

"No shit Sherlock." I shoot back at him.

"Shut up." he grunted and I rolled my eyes.

A familiar voice said from the other side of me, "Now that isn't any way to speak to such a beautiful lady."

We all looked to the right and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips as I looked at Nik. His eyes traced over me with interest and amusement before addressing the group again.

"Why so glum?"

Damon snorted, "Let me guess...Klaus, right?" Causing my smile to drop and my head to snap to Damon then back to Nik or should I say Klaus?

"In the flesh," the Original stated with a slight bow of his head. He glanced over to Alaric, "Thanks for the loaner mate." He looked to me again. "Angel, you are looking beautiful as always. I really wish we had more time to get to know each other." I immediately began to feel dirty all over as his eyes raked over me one more time.

I guess Damon noticed this because he immediately went into 'big brother mode' and moved to take a protective stance between us two. "Any reason why you decided to stop by and say hi?"

Klaus met Damon's gaze, "I have been told that you and your brother both fancy my doppelgänger. I figured that I should pay you a visit and remind you to not do anything you'll regret."

'Too late', I thought with a shudder.

"There wouldn't be any possible way that you could, I don't know, postpone by chance?"

Klaus stared at Damon a moment before replying, "You are kidding." He looked to me incredulously. "He is kidding, right?"

I immediately looked away from his gaze.

"Come on," Damon said lightly. "What's a whole month in the grand scheme of things?"

Klaus gave Damon a look of warning, "Let me be clear. I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything that I need and the ritual will happen tonight. So, if all of you want to live to see tomorrow then don't screw it up."

He left and I immediately followed behind him.

"You're an ignorant pig, did you know that?" I say as I follow him into the same alley we met in the first time.

"What do you mean, love?" He asked looking genuinely confused.

"Don't 'love' me." I snap. "You slept with me knowing what it would do. You knew who I was and you used it to your advantage but just know I'm gonna find a way to kill you before you can even touch my friend so get ready, love." I growl before turning on my heel and beginning to walk away.