Chapter Eleven

Alexis's Point of View

To see his hand caressing her back sent a spark of jealousy and rage up through me. I can't believe it, but I envy Aaliyah. I wish I was in her position right now.

But what angers me more are my thoughts. To think about my best friend and my... ex this way is killing me softly.

I sipped on my drink and couldn't stop thinking about this. Even so, Aaliyah told me to move on. Yet, she went home and now I'm stuck with Ethan playing catch up.

I felt Ethan's stare but tried to ignore it. He seemed so... plain. I just can't explain it.

"How are you?"

Oh yeah, fine because I tried to commit suicide since you were the finishing touch to my growing depression.

"Dandy." I replied.

He sighed, his green eyes giving me a disapproving look. I was getting tired of him now. He would only make small talk and give me disapproving looks.

"I missed you."

"Oh."

He frowned at my response but continued.

"I miss your laugh, your jokes. I miss how happy you used to be."

"I miss that too." I mumbled.

There was another silence and he tightened his fists. Giving me a cold look, he got up. My hand almost flew up to his wrist, but I had to stop it.

"I saw that motion. I have something to tell you before I leave."

Staying silent, I became eager for his next words.

"Aaliyah's gone. When she said she was going home, she meant to the Caribbean. She used my credit card to buy her ticket."

I felt the guilty tears stabbing my eyes.

"She can't." I whispered, "Not over this!"

I got up but Ethan kept me in my place.

"Let go!" I cried, "Let go! It's not supposed to be this way! No, let go of me! My best friend is leaving because of me, I can't let this happen!"

I couldn't stop crying. My tears were flooding down my cheeks. Ethan hugged me to his chest and patted my hair. I am so fucking tired of crying.

"I've grown feelings for her." he whispered in my ear, "But the problem is that I still love you."

I froze, the only thing moving are my tears. I stared at him wide eyes. Before I could reply, he tucked my hair behind my ear and kissed me.

I know this sounds, and the situation, cliche, but it felt like all of my dead emotions came to life. The feeling of his hot lips on my cold lips sent shivers throughout my body. I tightened my hold on him and kissed him back as fiercely as he was kissing me. Even though it was a moment with a lot of tension, our tongues were playing around with each other. I sucked on his and tasted a hint of mint, most likely from Trident. He pushed me against the wall as we fought for dominance. I then realized I had to breathe so I reluctantly pulled back first.

"Alexis..." he said with a raspy voice, "I love you, and I missed you."

I kissed his weak spot under his earlobe and laughed when he shivered.

"I missed you too." I replied.

"Why are you still crying?" he asked as he wiped my tears.

"I don't know, but we have to get Aaliyah back."