Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A few days later, we were given our college applications to fill out. I always wanted to complete one with him, but I guess that'll never happen.

I put down about ten colleges, four of them abroad, and handed it in about a week later. I don't really know what I want to do with my life, studying with an undecided major would be a complete waste of money.

With a sigh, I sat up in my bed. It was another day of school, but I wasn't even in the mood to get up. There was a knock on my door, but I was almost tempted not to answer.

"Alexis, sweetheart?"

Oh great, dad. Ever since what happened, things between us has been nothing but awkward. We barely made conversation, and when we did, it was rambling. Without waiting for my response, he came in.

"I've been thinking for a long time." he said as he approached me and sat on the bed, "That what previously happened is stressing you out. Uh, you don't have to go to school for two days, but only two days. I heard they were permanently returning to school today..."

Smiling, I nodded.

"Thank you."

He scratched the back of his head and nodded. Never has dad decided to even give me a minute break from school, nonetheless two days. I'm hoping that's more than enough to get my head cleared.

"I really appreciate it." I said at his receding figure.

He closed the door behind him and I let out a satisfied sigh. I slumped back in bed and closed my eyes, ready to tackle on what's waiting for me in my dreams.

--

Ethan's Point of View

Nowadays, things has been hectic. I don't like how anything's going. Aaliyah won't even look at me. We're sharing a bed, yet when I wake up, she's on the floor. I once tried to our her back on the bed, but she elbowed me in my eye.

Which is why I never attended school for a little over a week.

I groaned when I called after her and she ignored me. I don't know what else to do now, but I'm getting tired of her bullshit.

"Do you think I wanted this?" I asked with a calm voice.

She didn't even spare me a glance. Annoyed, I grabbed her shoulders and turned her towards me.

"You better stop ignoring me." I warned.

"Or what?" she said with clenched teeth.

I flinched. I know she's pissed, but I didn't expect her to respond.

"I thought so." she said and shrugged my hands off.

"Do you know how many girls would love to be with me?" I asked as I took a cigarette out of my pocket.

Her eyes darted to the cancer stick and she narrowed her eyes.

"Please smoke away from me."

"Why?"

"Because I want you to get lung cancer and die alone."

Out of anger, I grabbed her by her shirt and pinned her against the bed.

"Oh, so you're a smart bitch now?!" I spat.

She punched me in the face and kicked me back. My leg hit the frame of the bed and I hissed out in pain. Aaliyah approached me and put her foot on my stomach.

"Never refer to me as a bitch." she said with narrowed eyes, "And if you ever try to put your hands on me again, I'll make sure that pretty face of yours is six feet under."