Chapter One

.+:Chapter One:+.

.+:Alexis' Point of View:+.

    I heavily sighed. I looked across the table to see Jared deep in thought as he focused on his math questions. I looked to my left to see Ethan doing the same as well. I sunk in my seat. It has been well over a year and I still couldn't get over him. My heart sank as the flashback tried it's best to replay in my mind but I quickly dismissed it.

   Nowadays were horrible. My grades dropped, we got a new art teacher, Ethan has been smelling like cigarettes and won't tell me why, and I'm depressed.  The bell rung which brought me out of my thoughts. What I didn't notice was that there were tear drops on my quiz sheet and I never answered a single question. I quickly wiped them and answered the questions as fast as I could.

†¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐†

"Are you okay..." mumbled Ethan.

"Ah, y-yes." I said looking up.

    He smiled at me, but I knew it was a hollow smile. Ever since... what happened, Ethan never gave me a genuine smile that I missed dearly.

"I be right back..." he mumbled once more.

   I nodded and he headed out to the courtyard. I took a sip of my iced tea and suddenly became deep in thought. I felt horrible. The only emotions I only feel are guilt and depression. I realized the tears were welling in my eyes and I blinked them back.

  I gave myself a dry chuckle. It's hilarious that I'm treating this situation similar to Harry Potter-- you know, with Voldemort? Or shall I say, he who's name shall not be spoken. I gave myself a dry chuckle once more and wiped a stray tear.

   I looked up to see Ethan staring down at me with a frown. I stared back at him and when he wouldn't look away I decided to.

"You do know that I love you, right Alexis?" Ethan said sadly.

"Yes... I do." I sighed.

   He roughly grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the lunchroom.

"ETHAN! LET GO!" I cried.

    He dragged me into the Janitor's Closet and pushed the previous couple out.  Grabbing my shoulders, Ethan pinned me to the wall with nothing but coldness in his eyes.

"Then if you knew how much I love you why do you still care about... him."  whispered Ethan darkly.

"The guilt... it's killing me..." I whispered as tears threatened to fall.

"It wasn't your fault, Alexis." replied Ethan shaking my torso.

"LET ME GO!" I snapped kicking him against the Janitor's door.

   Ethan looked up at me with nothing but anger and regret in his eyes.

"I..." he shook his head, opened the Janitor's door, and slammed it in my face.

.+:Ethan's Point of View:+.

   She snapped at me. She kicked me. She... she's gone... I rushed to the back of the school and kicked the double doors wide open. I went into my jacket pocket and took out a box of cigarettes. I grabbed my lighter and a cigarette, lighting it. I puffed fumes into the air as my stress decreased drastically and I felt a wave of pleasure hit me. I puffed more and more until my lungs couldn't bear it and I coughed suddenly.

    I remember what Isa told me. My black wings are showing more and more. My throat burned but my mind was racing. In the end, she would've picked Jeremy... not me... but Jeremy. Jeremy Hunter, the man that broke her heart, who turned out to be her art teacher, who saved her life. Should I be thankful for him? Yes and no. I... I can't think straight when Alexis is acting like that girl from Twilight.... Bertha? Bella? I don't care...

     I snatched another cigarette and lit it. My back touched the school building as my body slowly slid down the building. I puffed all of my worries away as I thought of Alexis. My love for her is pure... raw! Why can't she accept it?! Why was it always him? No matter what, him! I'm sick of it!

   An angry stray tear slid down my face as I rushed my hands through my hair. Alexis was so confusing. It's been a year now, she's a junior... yet... nothing has changed since he died.  A shadow was blocking my view as I looked up and a small smile was plastered on my face.

"I thought you'd never show up." I said groggily.

"You aren't my only client, Mr. Leto." he replied proudly.

"Yeah, yeah." I said smoothly, "You know what to do."

    He nodded and left. I sighed and looked back at the double doors. Why was this the most "prestigious" high school, as they say, if it was filled with nothing but drama? Yeah, the people inside had some type of talent, but c'mon. I sighed and got up. I dusted my pants and placed the cigarette box and lighter back inside of my jacket pocket. Of course I smelled like a cancer stick, but who gives a crap. I shrugged and walked back inside the building as if nothing happened. I spotted Alexis in the same spot looking sorry for herself.

    If she truly loved me, then she would've been my girlfriend. The whole female student body literally throw themselves at me, so it's time to move on. Maybe one day Alexis would cherish the value of my protectiveness and dedication. I walked pass Alexis and went to the popular table. I spared her a glance and she never even looked my way.

"I'm single." I said smoothly.

   All of the girls squealed and they were literally playing tug-o-war with me.  Until Alexis turns back to herself, I'll be what I was before she came-- a player.

.+:Alexis Point of View:+.

   I watched as Ethan walked pass me and never spared a glance. I heard squealing and knew that he went to the popular table. I sighed and slumped into my chair. I slowly ate my hero and when the bell rang, I watched as Ethan left the cafeteria with more than 10 girls following him. He gave me a sideways glance and left.

   I don't know why, but my heart felt like it was shattered in a million and two pieces. I felt depression eat me whole as I lost the only true friend I had.

"Alexis?" I slowly looked up to see Aaliyah.

"Hi..." I whispered.

"Is everything okay?" she asked worriedly.

"Of course everything is fine." I managed to say in a normal voice.

     I smiled at her but she never returned it. In the end, I ended up telling Aaliyah everything. In the end, she became my new best friend.

†¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐†

Thank you for reading the first chapter.

I would appreciate if you would critique my works.

I would also appreciate if you comment, vote, and probably fan.

Thank you <3