Chapter Seven

.+:Chapter Seven:+.

   I heard crying-- the sound of someone letting their emotions go. I followed the sound of the weep until I came across a cemetery-- a rather familiar cemetery. I don't know what happened, but my body automatically began to move on its own. My heart rate didn't increase as it usually would-- instead it was a calm beat. I stopped at a familiar area. I blinked twice-- still aware of the eerie sounds of someone's weep. I looked down to see a teenage girl. Her blond hair draped over her face as tears slid down. Her clothes were mature-- high heels, mini-skirt.

   The sluttish usual.

"H-h-he's d-d-d-dead, a-a-and nobody t-t-told me!" she wept.

    I bluntly looked down at her. Yes, her-- the one who 'stole' Jeremy from me, or did he make the decision.

"It's been two years now." I said monotone.

    She looked up at me and cried harder.

"Read the tombstone."

    Her eyes roamed to the tombstone where she read the inscription.

"B-b-"

"He died in front of my eyes." I said bluntly. "And I will never forget his heroic actions."

    Her eyes held anger as she raised her voice.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT SO BLUNTLY LIKE IT'S NOTHING!"

    My cold eyes roamed to hers as she looked away.

"Don't put words in my mouth. I loved Jeremy... I loved him, but you had the nerve to take him away from me. I loved him for so many years, so much years!" I said angrily. "And you, you had to come along and be the whore you are and steal him away! How dare me? How dare you!" I roared. "But it's over. He's dead now, in the end, it proved that he did love me, but now I'm moving on."

"Alexis..." she whispered. "I'm... so sorry." she said not even acknowledging the fact that I had insulted her numerous times.

    I looked down at his tombstone and thumbed his name where it was engraved.

"You cry loud." I said looking at her. "What happened, happened. Move on."

   She briefly looked at me and sighed. She nodded as she got up.

"Thank you." she whispered and left.

     I watched as her body faded away after a while of walking. I looked down at his tombstone and saw a withered rose. I picked it up and noticed a mini-card was attached to it. I opened it and analyzed it.

'A rose for the one who stole my love. Bravo, bravo. I commend you. Even six feet under you still have her under your spell.'

     I re-read the mini-card many times and realized something. It was Ethan's handwriting. I grinded my teeth together as I hurriedly left the cemetery.

    I finally reached home. I took a quick shower and headed to bed. My muscles relaxed as I fell into the oblivion.

    I got up. My whole body ached as I tried to move around without hurting myself.  

'My bounty is as boundless as the sea.'

    I froze as my eyes widened.

'My love as deep, the more I give to thee.'

    I gasped as I turned around ignoring the pain in my body.

'The more I have, for both are infinite.' we both said in sync.

'If thou remember'st not the slightest folly. That ever love did make thee run into. Thou hast not loved.'

    I couldn't find the tears to cry as I stared wide-eyed at him. His messy hair falling over his eyes as he looked at me. His piercing blue eyes made me gasp as he approached me.

'Eternity was in our lips and eyes. Bliss in our brows' bent, none our parts so poor. But was a race of heaven.'

   He stopped in front of me and stroked my cheek. It all felt surreal as he smiled. His cold hand dropped from my cheek as I took in our surrounding. Nothing. Literally-- nothing, it was only white space. I never noticed that his face lowered down to my ear.

'Do you still love me?' he whispered softly.

   I felt his cold breath on my ear as I shot up out of bed. I frantically looked around as I held on to the bedspread. I found my tears, because they came pouring down. I hugged my knees as I remembered every detail.

"What are you trying to tell me... Jeremy?" I whispered as tears came running down my cheeks.