Chapter 4 - Copain

Luke must've fallen asleep in my bed, since he was there when I woke up the next morning. I woke up and not even a minute later, my dad walked in.

"Genevieve!" He exclaimed, looking at Luke. I stood up.

"Papa," I couldn't figure out what to say. Luke was still sleeping, and he reached out for me. I shook him just slightly to wake him up.

"He needs to leave now," dad ordered.

"Mr. Abel," Luke began, "I assure you, nothing happened last night. I just came over to talk, and I ended up falling asleep."

"I don't care. Leave now," dad repeated.

"Papa! You do not speak to my copain that way!" I scolded.

"Your copain!?" He wasn't very happy. He looked at Luke.

"Boyfriend," Luke whispered in my ear the English word.

"My copain," I looked at dad then kissed Luke. I didn't care what he thought. His mouth dropped wide open.

"Genevieve!" He scolded. I broke off the kiss.

"Papa, do not control me! I am seventeen," I pointed out.

"You are not adult yet! You still live with me."

"I won't when I am eighteen," I threatened. He didn't want me to leave since he had already lost mum, "and you set me up with Luke at first."

"To be friends.."

"We are! Boyfriend and girlfriend," I smiled, grabbing Luke's hand in mine. Dad finally left. He gave up.

"He's been so mean lately," I told Luke.

"I don't know why," Luke shrugged, "but I better get going to my house to get ready for school so I'm not late."

"Okay."

"Why do you not go to school, anyways? You're only seventeen."

"I finished when I was sixteen, in France. It's different ages than here when you graduate."

He nodded, then pecked my lips and left through my window so he didn't have to talk to my dad on the way out.

------

"Hey," Luke texted me after his school was over.

"Hey:)" I texted back.

"Do you want to come over to my house?? Maybe meet my mum and brothers?"

"Sure! Would now work?"

"Yeah"

I got off of my bed and locked my bedroom door. I pushed my phone into my pocket and checked to see how I looked. I wanted to make a good first impression on Luke's family. I climbed out of my window quietly and made my way down the side of the house.

I got in my car and tried to drive away as slowly as I could. I made my way to Luke's house, thankful to have gotten out of my house without my dad catching me.

I got to Luke's house and was greeted at the door by who I was guessing was his mum. I smiled at her.

"Bonjour," I shook my head, "hi. I'm Genevieve."

"I'm Liz, Luke's mum. He's told me about you. Come in!" She exclaimed, motioning inside. I walked in and heard footsteps down the stairs.

"Hey Jen," (A/N: short for Genevieve but Gen just looks weird) he grinned and kissed my cheek.

"So you two are.. together?" Liz asked.

"Yeah," Luke answered.

"Genevieve, so you're from France?" Liz wondered.

"Yeah. Luke is the one who taught me most of the English I know."

"That's great. Do you like Australia?"

"Yeah, but I do miss France a lot. I really want to move back when I turn eighteen."

"Oh, and when's that?"

"October," I nodded.

"Oh, not for a little while."

"No," I agreed.

"Jen, do you want to meet Jack and Ben?" Luke asked. (A/N: "JACK HEMMINGS WOULDN'T TREAT ME LIKE THIS!" Sorry I had too.. But I think we're all Jack Hemmings af)

"Of course," I smiled as Luke led me into the living room where his two older brothers were.

"Jack, Ben, this is Genevieve. Genevieve, this is Jack, and that's Ben. Jack is two years older than me and Ben is four years older than me," Luke explained.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled at them and hugged them both. They were very welcoming.

We stayed at his house a little longer before he announced, "Jen, I've got to get to work, so do you need a ride home?"

"No, I drove here. But thank you Luke," I kissed him on the cheek, and he grabbed his coat. We both walked out of he house and got into our cars.

When I got home, I pulled into the garage, and there he was. My dad.