Chapter 12 - Reasons

The next morning, when Charlotte was getting breakfast, I asked if she knew if Genevieve was up yet. She told me she thought she saw her in the living room a few minutes ago.

I walked to her room and knocked on the door. Genevieve answered the door and told me to come into her room.

*Genevieve's POV*

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well.. Last night I was texting Luke, and he said about texting me five minutes before, but I didn't see the texts there or remembering texting him."

"That's weird."

"So you didn't do it? I thought you did."

"Okay, I did. I'm sorry. I just wanted to know about what was going on between him and Leah."

He sighed, "I understand.. Just ask next time, okay?"

"Okay. I just didn't want him to know that was me."

"It's fine, Genevieve. He knows it was you now. Sorry," he apologized.

"It's fine," I assured him, "he didn't know at the time."

"So you don't care that he knows now?"

"No. I just wanted to talk to him when he thought he was talking to you so he wouldn't lie just to get me to come back to him."

"But what did he say?"

"He said they were playing truth or dare and he was dared to kiss Leah."

"Do you believe him?"

"How many questions are you going to ask!?"

"That's my last one: do you believe him?"

"Yes."

"Then why don't you go back to him?"

"I feel that if I go back and I'm pregnant that it will take him a while to realize what's going on, that in a few months he'll have a child."

"But you still need to tell him."

"I will, but I don't have to tell him at any certain time."

"Okay. You do whatever you want. Don't blame me when he gets mad at you for not telling him."

"He can't get mad at me for not telling him. I have a valid reason not to tell him."

"You used to have a valid reason.."

------

*Louis's POV*

That afternoon, Genevieve, Charlotte, Èmile and I were all sitting n the couch, watching a movie. It was in English, so it had to have French subtitles. I felt something fall onto my shoulder. It was Genevieve's head. She had fallen asleep.

She looked so pretty when she was sleeping, and I knew that Luke would enjoy seeing a picture of her.

I got phone out and snapped a quick picture of her. I sent it to Luke with the caption, "Sleeping Beauty:)"

"I miss her so much😭"

"I bet you do.."

"She's so beautiful.."

"I don't want to leave in two days. I feel like she needs me here."

"I wish she wanted me back with her:("

"She tells me incessantly that she misses you"

"I want to go come to France to see her, but I know I can't."

"Yeah. Although she misses you, she still doesn't want to see you for some reason."

"That's fine. Gtg"

I put my phone away then, and I finished watching the movie. I would sometimes look down at the still body of Genevieve's beside me. I began to think. I should take her back to her room so she doesn't sleep funny and hurt herself.

I picked her up bridal style and took her into her room. I laid her down on her bed and pulled the covers over her.

"Goodnight Genevieve," I whispered.

"Thank you, Lou," she smiled. I was startled because I didn't know she was awake.

"You're welcome."

"You're the best friend I could ever ask for," her voice began to drift off.

"And you mine," I told her before her breathing started to decrease slowly, and I knew she was asleep.