Chapter 12

Nova Rijn

"Nova, trust me and do as I say! Understood?"

I quickly nodded. The growling behind us wasn't very inviting and the fact that I still had my entire life in front of me, I didn't see the problem in doing what Puck told me. Puck looked at me with doubt for a second, the look in his eyes betraying that he wasn't so confident. He didn't seem sure of what he was doing. But what was he doing? I didn't want to be annoying, but we didn't have much time before we'd be the evening meal of the beast behind us.

"Puck!"

My voice seemed to shake Puck from his trance and he shook his head a few times and blinked.

"Nova, don't be scared. Don't run away."

I looked at him in surprise and nodded when I heard approaching footsteps.

What happened next was too hard to believe.

It seemed like everything happened in slow motion and I had landed in some sort of fairy tale. But this wasn't a fairy tale: this was a disaster.

A nightmare.

An unreal nightmare.

A horrible crunching of bones, hair coming from Puck's arms and legs and within three seconds a huge fucking dog was in front of me.

A. Fucking. Wolf.

-

Puck van den Bosch

I stared at Nova cautiously, something the other wolf also seemed to be doing. He had stopped growling and was looking at me with big eyes, like Nova. But I wasn't focused on him; I was focused on Nova.

Blaine howled a little in the hopes of getting her out of her shocked state and to convince her that we didn't want to hurt her. As opposed to the very big and very dangerous wolf further away. Nova blinked and started shaking her head in confusion, not believing that I had just turned into a wolf.

Not that I blamed her. I would react the same way if I was in her situation.

I was silent for a moment before Nova opened her mouth.

"What the fuck. Nuh-uh, no way!" I started laughing when I heard her reaction, as much as I could laugh in my wolf form. A loud growl brought me back to reality and to the bad situation we were in.

I stood in front of Nova protectively and growled at the other wolf, who was now a few steps away from us.

Nova was still shocked, but standing. Something I hadn't expected. But what did I expect? That she would've started screaming like crazy and run away? That she'd break down and cry?

No.

I hadn't expected any of that. Nova wasn't like that. She was strong.

The wolf in front of us took a step forwards, causing Nova and I to take a step backwards. I was still in front of her and I bared my teeth to the enemy.

I sniffed the air, and to my surprise there was no rogue smell to him but something else entirely. Something I was both happy and worried about.

I looked at the wolf in surprise, only to see a lopsided grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and softly growled at him. A sign for him to back off.

The wolf seemed to think about it and didn't seem happy with my 'demand', but he took a step back nonetheless. I heard Nova breathe a sigh of relief behind me and I relaxed a little bit myself.

Maybe this wolf wasn't so dangerous after all.

-

Jacob Light

I took a step backwards to see the two people, one in wolf form and the other in light shock, breathe a sigh of relief.

We stayed like that for a few moments. I was afraid that if I took another step, something would happen. Not to me, because it would be easy to defeat the wolf in front of me. I would have him down and broken his neck in a matter of seconds. But it looked like my beautiful mate cared about him and apparently knew nothing about the wolf world, based on her surprised reaction. Although, I had expected her to run away hysterically.

I decided that there was only one course of action left.

I changed back into my human form to stand in front of two strangers in my naked glory. I quickly bent forward to get the shorts from my ankle and put them on. I looked up and smiled at the two. My mate had her eyes closed and was holding the fur of the wolf, while breathing heavily.

And that was the moment I lost control over my wolf. Five year, five years I had searched for her, and now here she was. Scared of me. I growled loudly at the wolf, in my Alpha voice, and he immediately shuffled away.

"What's your name, Beautiful?" I asked her while I traced my hand down her cheek.

"N-Nova." She stammered while staring at her shoes in fear.

"Mine!" my wolf growled and pulled her against our body. Her cheeks turned red and I felt tingled spread in my body.

Startled, she looked up. Her eyes projected some kind of sincerity that cut through mine. I put my face in her neck and took in her scent, in hopes of regaining control of my wolf.

No success.

"Mine! Mine! Mine!"

"Puck, help!"

------------------------------

An early update yeay ;)

I hope you guys like the story!

Comment, vote and follow?

x L.