Chapter 18

Nova Rijn

Jacob possessively wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against him. The men around us had now changed back to their human forms, causing me to immediately close my eyes.

Jacob furiously growled at the men.

"What the hell are you thinking! Mine!"

Some men gulped while others looked at him with a smile, as if they were challenging him. A louder growl escaped out of Jacob and I automatically put my hand on his chest. Tingles spread, and I felt Jacob calm down.

"Sorry, Nova." He softly whispered so only I could hear.

"It's okay." I answered and carefully laid my head against him. I started to feel exhausted and I felt my energy seep away.

I vaguely heard Jacob shout some things, but it was already too late. My eyes closed and darkness washed over me.

-

"Filius."

"Nova."

"Where am I? Where is Puck? Oh no, I swear to god if you just left Puck-"

"Nova, can you just shut up for two seconds?"

"Sorry."

Filius stepped towards me and reached out with his hand. I grabbed it and let him pull me up.

"One question at a time, please." He winked and started walking.

I stayed put, frozen in my spot.  Was I supposed to follow him?

Was I supposed to stay here?

"You coming?"

Ah, I had my answer. My legs quickly started moving and caught up with Filius, who kept walking, undisturbed.

"Where am I?"

"In my house."

I looked at him in surprise; this didn't look like a house. It was an open field, surrounded by trees.

"Or to be specific, the garden of my house." He added when he saw my confused expression.

"Oh, okay."

We kept walking in silence. I was still a little surprised and confused.

"Puck-" I carefully started, but I was cut off by Filius' swift answer.

"Puck is safe, don't worry about him. But Nova," Filius stopped walked and looked at me with a serious face.

"Nova, you won't see Puck for a long while. Please, don't try to find him either. It's his time now."

"What? You can't be serious! Puck is my best frie-"

"Yes Nova, I know, but it can't be helped."

I snorted and crossed my arms.

"How can I be sure that you didn't just leave him behind?"

"You can't, my dear Nova."

I looked around in surprise. Where had that third voice come from?

"Nova, meet my mother." Filius said and pointed to a beautiful woman. Just like Filius her hair was almost white and she had ice blue eyes.

The dress she was wearing was simple yet elegant, and it fell gracefully around her body. She had a warm smile on her face.

"Hello Luna Nova," she said and she pulled me into a hug.

"Hello?"

"Matrem Luna is my official name, but you can call me Mel."

"Mel, I don't want to be rude, I really don't, but why am I here?"

"Oh Luna Nova, it's okay. I understand your confusion." Mel laughed and she let me go.

"Follow me, please." She said before walking away.

No doubt about it that Filius and Mel were related.

Filius and I closely followed her, while I looked around. It was absolutely stunning here. The garden seemed to project peace and made you feel calm.

Mel kept walking and a big, white house appeared. It wasn't a palace, just a big house with white walls and colorful flowers around it.

-

"So..." I started, just to break the silence in the living room.

"So..." Filius imitated me with a grin on his face.

"Filius, stop that." Mel interjected when she walked back into the living room with a tray.

"Tea?"

I nodded and took the cup from Mel.

"Thank you."

Mel also gave Filius a steaming cup of tea and sat down before getting one for herself.

"Time for some answers, don't you agree Luna Nova?"

I nodded and looked at Mel thankfully.

"Luna Nova," Mel started and took a sip of her tea.

"Uhm, Mel, my name is just Nova."

"I know that, Luna Nova, but you're mated to an Alpha. That makes you a Luna and you deserve that respect."

"Oh..." I mumbled, embarrassed and I stared at my tea.

"Luna Nova, there's nothing to be embarrassed about." Mel smiled.

"But that's not why you're here. We don't have that much time left, and I want to prevent a war no matter what. Always so much violence..." Mel mumbled the last part and shook her head.

"A war?" I asked. Was that what was going on?

"A war, but we can prevent it. It will be difficult, but not impossible."

I nodded.

"But how did it get far enough to become a war?"

Mel smiled. "You don't lack curiosity."

"The war is between Alpha Jeffrey's Pack and Alpha James' Pack. Alpha Jake is involved, since he promised to support Alpha James."

I nodded.

"Alpha Jeffrey's son, Alpha Sean, has made many mistakes. Something concerning Alpha James and his daughter. That's why the two Packs are fighting. Alpha Jake has nothing to do with it, but because his father, the former Alpha of the Light Pack is good friends with Alpha James, the Light Pack has promised to help them. Can you follow?"

I nodded again and took a sip of my tea.

"But how can you stop something like that? And what has Sean done now, the asshole-"

"Wow, wow, that's no language for a Luna."

"Sorry Mel, but Sean really is an asshole. Have you ever seen what he has done to Puck?"

I felt a little anger rise in me and I felt the urge to clarify how I felt about that so-called 'Alpha Sean'.

"I have indeed seen it, Luna Nova, but Alpha Sean's punishment will come. He will someday regret his deeds. All of them."

"Good." I mumbled, not meaning for either Mel or Filius to hear.

"But, back to business. There is a way to prevent all this. But can you handle it, Nova?"