Chapter 1- Introduction

MARTH'S POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What a day!" I said as I collapsed onto the floor in the Smash Mansion.

While everyone else was upstairs, partying, I snuck into the basement to relax. I'm normally not one to disappear from a party, but it's been a rough day. Besides, the party was getting kind of weird. For starters, a lot of the newcomers thought that I was a girl, Robin accidentally casted too much Thoron for fireworks which made a bush catch on fire, Captain Falcon was getting annoying every time someone would drink the punch (all he kept saying was Falcon Punch), and most of the guys aren't doing anything except flirting with Samus while she's out of her power suit. I didn't want to participate in any of that- I just wanted to have some me time..

So.. I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm Marth Lowell (as if you didn't know), I'm known as the Hero King, I have many friends here, I'm always mistaken for a woman, I'm into men, I... I guess I should explain that last part, huh? Well, you'll find out soon enough. I prom-

"Marthy?" a high pitched voice called with heals clicking down the steps.

"Hai?" I called back, wanting to speak in Japanese.

"Oh! There you are!" Peach giggled and approached me. "Is everything ok? You just disappeared without telling us what you were doing."

"Oh. Yes, I'm ok. Thank you for the concern though." I gave her a bright smile and got up from the floor.

"Why don't you come back outside to join us. It kind of settled down a bit." she informed me and reached her hand out to me. I took this as an invitation to take her hand, so I did. This made her smile with so much joy.

I didn't mind holding Peach's hand- she was one of my best friends, so it's different to hold your best friend's hand rather than your partner's hand, right?

Anyways, as we held hands and walked up the steps, I could hear the music blasting outside and everyone laughing. I didn't mind that- I loved it when parties were like that.

I gave Peach a smile and continued to walk with her. When we finally got outside, everyone was scattered across the yard, all having a great time. And of course, there was Robin and Zelda making things more festive with their magic.

Peach let go of my hand after some time, and looked around, as if she was searching for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked her.

She looked at me. I could hear a slight teasing tone in her voice.

"Oh, what am I looking for?" she smiled at me. "I'm looking for Ike. I wanted to talk to him."

"You wanted to talk to Ike? A-about what?" I asked nervously.

"Oh.. Nothing really. It's just that... I'm starting to develop a little crush on him." she informed me, then looked at Ike. "Isn't he so hot? That dark blue hair, his arms, his voice- I find it all so attractive." she moaned and bit her bottom lip.

"W-what?" I asked, looking extremely confused at her.

Oh hell no!! I liked him- not her! She knew this too! Why would she go after the guy I like?! I thought she was my best friend! And here you have my reason of why I'm into men...

"But.. You can't like him! You know how much I'm in love with him, so why would you go after him? How could you?!!" I crossed my arms and turned my head the other way.

Peach giggled. "Marthy, relax. I was just teasing you." She said as she ruffled my blue hair.

Well, that couldn't have been any more embarrassing. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked at the ground, blushing a bit. I felt mortified.

"Uhhh.... I knew that." I laughed, nervously. "Ok fine, I didn't..."

"At least I got to see how jealous you can be when someone else likes Ike." She laughed again. "Although, I wasn't kidding when I said that he was hot." she smirked, then giggled. "But I know you like him, so I would never go after him." She reassured me as she gave me a short hug.

I wrapped one of my arms around her waist, smiling a bit, and stared at Ike talking to Rosalina.

"I think this is so sweet.. Most people think that it's unnatural, stupid, or disgusting when they see two guys or two girls together. But does it matter who you love? Love isn't something that can't be explained.." she said calmly, then kissed the side of my head.

What did I do? I acted like a total baby and started crying. Of course, I was happy. I wasn't sad or anything, but Peach's words made me feel better about myself. She always knew how to comfort me.

"Well..." Peach began, "Go talk to him."

"What?!" I quickly turned my head toward her, giving her a confused and surprised look. "Are you out of your mind?! I'm not talking to him! He's talking to girls. Why would he wanna talk to a guy that has a crush on him?"

"Oh stop overthinking things and just get over there!" She yelled, stopped hugging me, then pushed me toward him, making me run into his back. He turned around and gave me a small smile.

His smile was so caring and so lively. I couldn't resist keeping my eyes on his face. I wanted to run, but I just couldn't.