Chapter 6- Coming Out and Finding Out

"W-what? You don't like me anymore?" she asked.

I could hear slight sadness in her voice.

"What? No, Zelda I didn't mean it that way. I meant that I don't have a crush on you anymore. I still love you as a friend."

"Oh.. Well, ok." she said as her voice became a bit more happy.

The hugging ceased, but when I pulled back, I looked at the ground and held onto her arms as she held onto mine.

"Promise that you will still be my friend and won't think I'm insane, please.." I begged, feeling a few tears come to my eyes and my heart beating fast.

"Marth, where's all this coming from? What's on your mind? Did something happen?" she asked in a worried tone, gripping my arms a little tighter.

"Zelda, I'm... I'm g-"

Something crashed in the other room, followed by yelling and Robin walking out of the dining room with his hand on his forehead, looking totally annoyed.

"Look what you did!" Ike yelled

"Look what I did?! That was all you! If you payed attention to...." Pit argued back.

"What was that?" asked Zelda, focusing her attention on the yelling. "Ike and Pit sure are having a duel right now. Maybe they should save it for the next tournament, don't you think?" she giggled.

"Zelda...please." I begged. "This is already hard enough for me to say, and I was interrupted once by that crash. Please, listen to me."

She looked back at me, focusing on the top of my head as I focused my eyes on our feet, seeing a few tear drops fall on the shiny floor.

"Zelda... I'm.. I'm... I'm gay! Ok?! I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I just realized it!"

"Marth-"

"I know it was so sudden, but that's the reason why I hugged you earlier- I had to figure it out. But I'm not into you anymore! I'm not into women anymore! I'm so sor-"

"Marth! Listen to me! It's nothing to be ashamed of. Sure it was sudden, but it doesn't matter. Now look at me, please."

I did as she wanted me to. I stared into her eyes, probably looking like an idiot with tears running down my face. Regardless, she stared back into mine and smiled at me, speaking in a soothing voice.

"It's ok. Why would I stop being your friend just because you have feelings for someone else? It doesn't matter- you love who you want to." she said as she used her thumb to wipe a few tears off of my cheek. "Please don't be ashamed."

The tears just kept coming out, but it felt SO good to get that off of my chest. Zelda was the first one that I told, and I'll always remember that. Peach would be the next one to tell, but I'm pretty sure that Zelda would pass on the message since her and Peach were really close.

A few minutes passed, and Zelda and I were now back in the dining hall. She never did ask who I was into, but I'm pretty sure she would figure it out. We both sat in our same seats from before- me next to Pit, Zelda next to Ike, and, eventually, Robin came back in, sitting next to me.

As the hours passed, it was eventually time for dinner, and more people starting showing up. I'm pretty sure that most of the girls were fighting about who could sit closest to Robin- he's basically the crush of almost every girl here.

Anyways, I wasn't surprised with what they gave us for dinner. We were fed pasta, which would give us energy for tomorrow. As I mentioned before, there is the final tournament for the best smashers here. I'm one of them, as you know. It took me a little while to eat my dinner, but that's only because I don't like to rush while eating. When everyone else was finished, I was just finishing up, but at least Peach, Zelda and Samus stayed behind with me.

"Did you hear the news?" asked Peach, "I heard that whoever wins this tournament will get their picture on the wall of smashers!"

"This is a pretty big deal." Samus added. "Are any of you in it?"

"Well, I-"

"Marthy is!!" Peach interrupted. "He's one of the best fighters I know!"

I blushed. I liked giving myself praise, but when other people did it, it made me embarrassed. I still don't know why.

"What about you, Peach? Are you in it?" Zelda asked.

"Nah. I didn't make it through the last tournament." she said, folding her hands underneath her chin.

"Aw.. Peach, I think you should have gotten in." I added. "I think you're a great fighter." I gave her a smile. "What about you ladies? Are either of you in it?"

Samus replied first.

"I am.. Though, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in my power suit or not. I'll have to ask." Samus said with a yawn. "Hey.. Do any of you know who else is supposed to be in this?"

Zelda commented this time.

"Oh.. Um.. I believe it's..." she started counting on her fingers. "...Marth, Link, Palutena, Samus, Lucina, Shulk, Pit, Robin, Lucario, Greninja, Mega Man, aaaand..." she thought a little longer.

"Who's the last one?" I asked as I wiped my mouth off with a napkin and took a sip of my water.

"It's Ike, isn't it?" Peach asked.

I spit out my water when I heard this.