Chapter 8- Champions

How did I not see this coming? With just my luck, I was going to have to face Ike, again!

"You again.." he groaned, also smiling at me.

I refused to look at him.

"Yeah." I began, trying to joke around with him like we did previously. "Shouldn't I be fighting Robin? Are you sure that you didn't cheat in the last battle?"

He laughed, "And are you sure that you're even supposed to be in this tournament?"

I was silent for awhile, then spoke, nodding my head slightly.

"May the best fighter win."

"3" the announcer began

"This is it.." I thought.

"2"

"I will be victorious.."

"1"

"But... I don't know if I can be..."

"GO!!"

I quickly ran up to Ike and violently smashed my blade into his. I felt like I was even more determined to win this fight than the pervious ones. Probably because this was the most important battle of this entire tournament. Although, I was extremely nervous.. I didn't think I was going to have to fight him again.. Once was enough.

"How you holding up?" my friend asked.

"Don't worry about me! Focus on yourself!" I growled.

Damn, I was even more angry than I ever had been. I didn't even know why.

Ike grinned at me, swinging his heavy sword above my head, resulting in me crouching down. I got right back up and tried swinging my sword at him, but he deflected my blade with his.

A few more minutes had passed. Nothing special had happened. Here's where it got interesting though.

Ike had pushed me down, close to the edge of the final destination stadium, however, I quickly stood up and ran toward him, trying to hit him as I quickly ran past him.

"What the hell are you doing, Marth?!" he asked, shouting. "You won't get anywhere by running away!"

"I'm not...running away! I'm not a coward!" I exclaimed as I quickly ran behind him and charged up my sword, stabbing him in the back. He fell as I stepped back and stared at his beaten body.

He turned his head to look at me.

"Well?" he began. "What are you waiting for? Win this tournament. You've won fair and square. You proved that you're the best smasher here.."

I laughed with evil eyes. I brought my sword above my head, just about ready to swing it downward. But.... I couldn't. I tried..but I couldn't. Literally, I was stuck. I couldn't move my arms.

"I can't do this.." I thought. "I can't do this again... Not to my crush or my best friend.."

I brought my sword down to my side and slowly backed up to the edge of the stadium.

"No Ike.. You deserve to win.." I smiled at him from the other end of the stage, backing up a little more.

"What? What are doing?! Marth, just win already! K.O. me! You won!" he shouted, wanting me to win.

I only shook my head, still smiling.

"Take a nice picture for me, Ike. You always did have a great smile... You always were a better fighter than I was, too.." I took a few more steps back so my heals were hanging off the edge.

Ike tried to stand up and run over to me, but he didn't have enough energy.
"Marth please! Don't-"

"Too late.." I said. "You're face will look better in the hall of smashers than mine will." I said calmly as I waved to him, then leaned back, letting my weight and gravity take control.

"GAME!!" I heard the announcer exclaim.

"I lost.." I thought to myself as I was transported back to where we were all introduced. "I lost on purpose... For him.."

Ike was now the new champion. I felt a mix of emotions right then. I felt....guilty, upset, relieved.. I guess it was a bitter-sweet moment, wouldn't you say? But, for some reason, this made me fall in love with Ike even more. Too see him standing there and getting cheered for, seeing the guilt in his eyes, his fake smile- it was all attractive to me. I couldn't help it.

After awhile, we were all transported back to the mansion. I had a feeling there was going to be a party.

We all went inside the mansion. I was careful not to stand too close to Ike, or even make eye contact with him for that matter. I kept my distance, even during the party. But after awhile, I was too worn out for partying, so I made my way into the basement, where I collapsed on the floor, leaving my armor upstairs.

*Present Time*

Well, there you have it. Was that boring? Did I put you to sleep with that cheesy crush story? Heh whoops.. Well, sorry. Hopefully you can all pay attention while I chase Ike right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"IKE!!" I shouted, following him wherever he went. "I'm not gonna stop annoying you until you tell me how you feel! You don't just kiss someone, then not tell them how you-" I was interrupted when Ike turned around and kissed me out in plain sight. I quickly pushed him away.

"What the hell?! Stop kissing me! Tell me-"

He grabbed my wrist. "Will you shut up? Holy jeez you're so annoying." He smiled, pulling me up to his room.

"Let go of me! What do you think you're- AH!"

When we got into his room, he threw me in, causing me to fall on his bed. He then slammed the door, locking it behind him. I quickly sat up and scooted back, hugging my knees, frightened and confused.