Chapter 7- Battle Time

This was it. It was finally the day of the smash tournament. I had mixed emotions about this, as you can tell. I was excited, ready for adventure and victory!..... However, with all of that came some nervousness. I didn't know if I could face Ike again. I K.O.ed him last time and I certainly didn't enjoy it. So what if I had to do it again?

Nonetheless, when morning came, I was ready to take on the day. I got enough sleep, despite the fact that I could hear Pit chanting something next door until 1 in the morning. He could've been arguing with Ike again as far as I knew. Either way, I still got enough rest. As I slowly sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes, I could hear what seemed to be a heard of people walking around the mansion. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was half past 10.

"Crap!" I yelled. "I'm gonna be late!"

I jumped out of bed and threw my clothes and armor on, then carefully brushed my hair, ever so delicately placing my tiara on my head. I then opened my door, and saw that I was right. I think everyone was heading to watch the tournament.

"Hey Marth! Where have ya been?" a familiar voice asked.

"Oh. Uh... I was just trying to get ready. I slept in later than I thought and-" I stopped upon feeling a heavy weight on my shoulder. I tilted my head upward, and, low and behold, it was Ike resting his arm on my shoulder.

"That explains why you're hair isn't as straight as it normally is." he laughed.

"That's not the only thing that isn't straight..." I thought to myself. I laughed along with him, but mine was a fake laugh. "Y-yeah! I probably should have spent more time on it, huh? I just thought that I would've been even more late."

He gave me a smile, then looked at my head.

"Yeah you probably should have. Look- your tiara isn't even centered." he pointed out. "Let me fix that for you real quick."

He did what he said he would do- he fixed my tiara for me. I blushed. Seeing those muscles and that face and that hair and those eyes just drove me crazy! I never thought I would say that about any guy, let alone my best friend.

"There. Doesn't that feel better? It was all lopsided before I fixed it." he said, still smiling.

"Y-yeah.. Thanks, Ike." I smiled, blushed, and rubbed the back of my head.

"Guys! Are you ready? The tournament is going to start soon!" Link called to us. "We should probably get going."

We followed him out, grabbing our weapons first, then ended up in the stadium, hearing so many fans cheering for all of us! It was a wonderful feeling. My stomach was full of butterflies, but it was incredible. Each of the fighters were lined up in a single-file line. This was so the announcer could introduce us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, smashers of all ages! Please welcome, the finalist of the smash tournament!" the announcer said.

The crowed roared as each of us were called individually, and it continued when we took a step forward and waved at the audience.

I found out that there were 4 rounds. Whoever lost in the first round was out, and the winners would go into the second round. The winners of that round would proceed to the third, then the final two would battle in the last round. Let's see.. I think I remember who was battling each other in the first round. It was me vs. Link, Palutena vs. Samus, Lucina vs. Shulk, Pit vs. Robin, Lucario vs. Ike, and Greninja vs. Mega Man. Pretty intense competition if you ask me.. Also, I should mention that there was only one battle at a time, that way it was easier to keep track of who won and who lost. We all battled on the standard battlefield just to make things even more easy.

To spare you the time, I'll just tell you who won each match. Are you ready? This might get confusing-

Me vs. Link- Me of course!
Palutena vs. Samus- Samus
Lucina vs. Shulk- Lucina
Pit vs. Robin- Robin (pretty sure Ike was happy about that)
Lucario vs. Ike- Ike
Greninja vs. Mega Man- Greninja

So there you have the winners in round one- Me, Samus, Lucina, Robin, Ike, and Greninja. Pretty good competition, wouldn't you say?

The second round fights and winners-

Me vs. Samus- Me (again)
Lucina vs. Robin- Robin
Ike vs. Greninja- Ike

And now, we come to the top 3 smashers- Marth, Robin, and Ike! All amazing fighters, so the completion was even fiercer than I thought.

Robin and Ike battled, while I had a break, Whoever the loser was would fight me. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high- I didn't want to jinx myself if I said I was going to win. All I knew was that the loser of that battle would fight me. I didn't say that this tournament made sense- I was just fighting in it.

After some time, Robin and Ike's battle finally ended. Sheesh these guys really knew what they were doing if it took them that long to finish a battle. I didn't know who my opponent was going to be for some time, but after a little while, I was transported to the battlefield. It was then that I saw my opponent was Robin. I'll spare you the details of what happened, but I'll say that there was a lot of arc fire and thorons. After a little bit, I had won. So Robin was in third place and I was going to the final match with..... Ike...