Chapter 9- The Truth

He looked back at me after locking the door.

"Do you wanna know how I feel?" he asked, walking closer to me.

His voice was so deep at that moment and his eyes were so intimidating. I only scooting back farther.

"Uh.. I want to know..what you're d-doing right now..."

He didn't say anything. All he did was smile, took off his headband, and crawled on the bed, closer to me.

I was frozen. The kiss was flustering enough! Whatever he was doing right now was even worse!

"T-tell me!" I begged. "O-or I'll just keep moving away from you."

"No you won't.." he said in a low voice as he grabbed my ankles and pulled me under him. "How are you going to get away now?" he asked me as he brought his face down to my ear, lightly tugging on it with his lips.

"I-ike!" I shouted in surprise, feeling my face getting hot. "S-stop.. What are you-"

He moved his face down into my neck, gently kissing me.

"Aahh..." I breathed, gripping onto the sleeves of his shirt. I didn't resist. Although I was embarrassed, it was with Ike. That made it a little better.

I took one of my hands off of his shirt and started running my fingers through his hair, enjoying the feeling of Ike's mouth on my sensitive neck.

He took his head out of my neck after awhile, then looked at me straight in the eye and gently moved a few strands of hair out of my face. He was so gentle, almost like he knew that I was fragile, even though I wasn't. He bent down, planting a long kiss on my lips. It was gentle and soft, not rough. It was as if he knew how to make me comfortable.

After awhile, he pulled his face out of my neck, stared at me for awhile, then placed his hands on my stomach without me noticing. I then started to laugh.

"Heh?! Aha. Ahahahaha!! I-Ike!!" I laughed, squirming around, but couldn't get free. "Ike s-stop! What are you doing?! St-stohop!!

He was tickling me, and I had no clue why. He finally stopped, causing me to try to catch my breath.

"W-what was that for?!"

Ike smiled and brought his face closer to mine. "Just cuz.. I want to make sure we're still best friends and lovers at the same time."

I blushed like a mad-man. He wanted to be in a relationship with me..but he also wanted to be best friends?

"Y-you what?" I asked.

"You heard me the first time." he said as he kissed my cheek. "What? Are you backing out now that changed my ways for you?"

"Uh n-no! Of course not! I was just..s-surprised that you even decided to try this.."

"Try what? Falling in love with you?" he laughed. "Look, I'm fine with it. You're beautiful, sweet, strong, and one hell of a friend. How could I resist you?"

I just stared up at him, probably looking stupid. I felt a few tears run down my face, feeling emotional at what Ike had told me. I couldn't take it any longer- it was my turn.

"You ok, crybaby?" he joked around with me. "There's no reason to-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, grabbing onto the front of his shirt and pulling him down so I could kiss him on his lips. I didn't feel Ike kiss me back for a while, but I finally felt him do so after a few seconds of planting the kiss. And after about a minute, I pushed him off slightly and smiled happily, pulling him down again so I could whisper into his ear.

"Catch me if you can!" I whispered, pushing him off of me, then running out of the room.

"Oh no fair you little cheater!" Ike shouted, running after me.

I ran straight outside, trying to make as many obstacles for Ike as I could so he wouldn't catch me. Eventually though, I ran out of obstacles to slow him down and he eventually caught me. However, he could have been a little more gentle with me when he did catch me. Instead of grabbing my arm, he literally jumped off of the ground and, when he caught me, took me down to the ground face first.

"Get off of me! Do you have any idea how heavy you are?!" I laughed, trying to crawl away, but he just kept grabbing my ankles, causing me to stay put.

"You're so annoying!" I shouted, still laughing.

I'm pretty sure everyone saw us, and heard us for that matter, but I could care less. Ike said it himself that he wanted to make sure that were still best friends, even though we were now lovers. Dream come true I guess. I didn't want to lose my best friend, but I wanted him to love me as much as I loved him. I guess this is a good compromise. A compromise that I certainly didn't mind. Hopefully it stayed this way forever.

The End