Chapter 4- Misunderstanding

"Oh really?.." Ike began, "I mean, I can leave if that's what you want. I feel like that would be best-"

I thought nothing of it. I ran straight up to my room- I didn't want to hear anymore. Maybe I heard him wrong.. Maybe he said that he was only leaving just to get new equipment.. Or maybe he just wanted to leave the conversation... Yeah, that's all it is! He isn't leaving for good! Why would he? He's a great fighter so I don't see why he would get kicked out! Although, even though I may have heard what he said wrong, it still made me uneasy. I was nervous that he might actual leave. But what really made me really upset was the fact that he didn't tell me first. Wasn't I his best friend? Well, he's MY best friend. I don't know if I'm that to him...

I sat on the bed and let my weight take control. I fell on the bed, now laying on my back. I just stared at the empty ceiling, alone with my thoughts and my emotions. I thought I felt my eyes filling up with water, and I was correct. I could barely see the ceiling clearly. Thinking I would be seen, I grabbed a pillow and smacked it against my face. Why would he leave? Did he want to drop out or something?! I don't get it. Hasn't he considered my feelings on this?

"No!" I began talking to myself, taking the pillow away from my face. "He's not going anywhere! He said that we would always be by my side. S-so why would he-" I was rudely interrupted by a loud flop on my bed.

"You think I'm leaving your side? My best friend?" he laughed.

I sat up and turned around, seeing that Ike was laying face first on the opposite side of the bed, tilting his head up so he was looking at me. I glared at him, but I'm not sure why.

"Shouldn't you be packing up your stuff to leave?" I asked with a bit of attitude in my voice.

"E-excuse me? I'm supposed to be leaving?" he asked me, sounding a bit worried and confused.

"Don't play dumb with me!" I raised my voice. "After I K.O.ed you, I heard you talking to a few others about how you were going to leave if that's what the others wanted! How could you do that?! Just because they want you to leave doesn't mean you have to!"

I couldn't stop talking. Scratch that- I couldn't stop yelling. It just upset me that he might be leaving me. I already lost too many friends, I couldn't lose another.

"What?" he sat in silence for a bit. "Oh! Marth just let me explain what happened."

"No.. Why didn't you tell me first? I thought I was your best friend.. Am I really? I'm starting to think that we're slipping away.. You haven't really been talking to me a lot lately. Did I do somethi-"

I was interrupted by a hug.

"Marth.. Let me explain. I'm not leaving, ok? I was only going to leave Shulk and Rosalina alone. I wasn't the only one leaving." he said in a calm voice, hugging me tighter around my arms. "I'm not leaving you. You mean too much to me."

I blushed. What I thought was going to be a yelling and crying fest, turned out to be a hugging and crying fest. It was weird though. Ike hugging me was different. At least, this time it was. It was almost like I was.... NO! No I am not! That's so weird! I like someone else who is a GIRL! I like Zelda like that! I like Ike, but as my best friend! Ugh no!!

Ike pulled out of the hug, gave me a pat on my back, told me not to worry and that everything will be fine, then he left. I just sat on my bed like an idiot, staring out into the hallway. I heard what seemed to be Zelda talking with Samus and Palutena, so I peeked out of my room and saw that it was true. I had to see! I needed to know!

"Zelda!" I called, running down the hall.

All three girls stared at me like I was insane.

"Hm? Oh, Marth!" she waved with a happy smile.

I didn't stop running. I ran until I got to her, then threw my arms around her and hugged her. I had to know. I had to figure it out!