Chapter 20

Chapter twenty

I listened with a smile as Ray hummed a song I couldn't make out while he drove us to the hospital. In the space of the small car it seemed as though the vibrations from his humming was collecting directly into my lower belly. Every time I glanced at him I'd quickly look away and blush because he would so happen to be looking at me too. My body still tingled from our tryst in the shower and yet even though he'd pushed my body through multiple orgasms I couldn't help but feel that I still needed something more. His tongue and fingers were magical. Very magical. But what I wanted... what I needed, was his whole body.

On me.

In me.

I sighed quietly. Maybe I could seduce him? I almost shooed the idea away as soon as it popped in my head because my seduction skills would be on par with my flying skills. Non-existent. As we continued to drive along the road I peered up at the sky. Clouds were beginning to gather together slowly and I could already tell a massive storm would be the end result any time soon. The sun would peek from behind the clouds every once in a while and make it seem as though a giant hand was playing with the light switch and I just hoped we reached the hospital before it started raining.

We pulled into the parking lot just as it started to rain down hard. "Stay inside first, I'll get your door" Ray told me. I was about to protest and say it'd be quicker if we just ran out together but he was already slamming his door shut and running around the front of the car taking his jacket off. He threw my door open and just when I stepped out he tossed his jacket over my head and shoulders, closed my door for me before grabbing my hand and pulling us towards the building. Ever the gentleman! Even though it was only a short distance from the car to the entrance of the hospital Ray and I ended up almost soaked through by the time we stepped into the air conditioned hospital – Ray more so than I was.

"This way" Ray said tugging my hand, which he hadn't let go of, as he led us to a set of elevators. I gave him a questioning glance and he smiled, "I asked which ward he was in when I called earlier"

The elevator dinged and we stepped inside along with a frantic looking man carrying two bags and a long pillow alongside a heavily pregnant woman. "Oh God, which floor?! Which floor is it?!" The man murmured to himself. Ray stepped forward and pressed the fourth floor button as well as the seventh, throwing a look at the woman who was currently concentrating extremely hard on her breathing and ignoring her partner completely.

"I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're looking for the labour ward?" Ray drawled out. The man nodded. "Yeah... I happened to see the sign outside. Yours is the fourth-"

He was interrupted by the woman making some sort of grunting and whining sound and I stood in my spot unsure what to do. This situation was beyond awkward. The elevator dinged again and Ray nodded at the opening doors. "Good luck" I offered bleakly as the woman's face relaxed and she grinned.

"Thanks... I swear my husband will need the drugs more than I do" She rolled her eyes before walking out with her husband trailing after her. The doors shut again and once we were moving along Ray and my eyes connected and we burst out laughing.

"Well that was unexpected!" I giggled. Ray laughed loudly beside me.

"If that was me and you I'd probably be the same as the husband" He laughed. My smile dropped from my face as I considered his words. Was that a hint that he saw some sort of future with me? Or was I completely looking too much into nothing?

The elevator stopped twice more before we reached the seventh floor and Ray grabbed my hand again before leading the way down the hall to the nurses desk. I somewhat recall him asking the nurse which room was Cole's but I couldn't concentrate on him talking when all my attention was focused on his fingers tangling themselves between mine. I mean, I was new at all this lovey dovey stuff, but I know that this was more of an intimate hand holding than normal.