Chapter 5: Blur

I know, finally! Next update is either tomorrow or at Monday (I'm serious this time lol), tomorrow I update "Vampire and Wolf" and "Replacement to an Alpha Hybrid", so who's been waiting for them, here you go.

P.S. I have no idea of my next updates whatsoever, so I'll probably update twice per week or even more, but I have one... Two actually, tests then, so wish me luck :-)
________________

- When we seem like there's no way out for us, we just need to remember that most of the time, the simplest answers are the right ways -

Kaley's POV

I couldn't believe it. I knew I was prepared for it the moment Lukas told me to get lost of Blake's life and that I interrupted his plan, but now that I'm facing it, I just can't accept it. I can't bear the thought of Blake marrying someone else, as selfish as it sounds. But then again, do I even have right to stamp back in his life? I did leave him to think that I'm dead after all, it doesn't matter if I was forced to do so.
I glanced at my laptop on my worktable and gulped. I had to see it with my eyes. Deep inside I really hoped that Alis misheard it from whoever she got that information.
And so, I moved from Christian who was sleeping soundless on my bed to my laptop.

Opening it with shaky fingers, I bit my lip before slowly typing 'Blake Blackburn marriage' and my browser showed me few links, half of them being mine with him and another half were news of his and Regina's wedding. I sucked on my breath. I took it worse than I expected. I clicked on one of them and started reading.

'It's been two years since Blake's first wife he claimed to be love of his life died. We all know that the young CEO went through many struggles after that, and it was recently that he got better. Some of them say that it's because of his will, while others are more convicted that it's because of his new love, Regina Waltz.
As we all know, the couple announced their wedding last night and claimed that they'll be marrying as fast as possible, which will be on next Sunday. Is it really his new love towards Regina that moved his heart or not?
Fans aren't interested in that, when we asked few of them, they just said that they're happy that they'll see their no. 1 CEO smiling again.'

Maybe I really didn't have the right to come back in his life, after all he haven't smiled for months because of me. And this... Could it be that he really loves her?

I sighed, there's no point of thinking about it, I won't find an answer in my current state. I glanced at Christian again. If I don't deserve to be with Blake after all, our son does. It doesn't matter if he hates me after he realize that I'm alive, I have to try to make my son's future brighter. He's buying it for now, but if I let this be, just how much time will pass before he realizes that he'll never see his father who knows nothing about his existence? Year? Two?

Do I really want to give Blake to the woman who has no feelings for him whatsoever and father that doesn't give a fúck for him? Do I really want to live for the rest of my life hiding from him and fearing those three cruel monsters?

No. I don't want. And exactly that why, I'm done with this. I don't care if I die on my way trying to, I'm done with this life full of lies. I'm not some Ava Niall.

I'm Kaley Blackburn.
And I'm not someone who's going to give up so fast. But God, what the hell took me this long to start thinking?
Getting up from the chair, I took my phone and dialed taxi. George, the guy I knew from there has been my taxi driver ever since I came here, so I doubt that he'll have problem with picking me up. The phone rang three times before he finally answered.

"Gregory here, what can I do for you, Ava?" he asked and I sighed in relief. He's still working.

"Hey, I've been wondering if you could take me to airport now? I need to go to the America as soon as possible," I said and there was a silence for entirely one minute before he spoke again.

"Sure, I'll be in front of your house in ten, do you have your stuff ready?" he asked and bit my lip.

"No, I'm not taking my things, just the most important," I said.

"Alright. I'm coming, wait for me," he said and I smiled.

"I will and thanks," I responded and heard him chuckle.

"No problem, see you," and with that, he hung up in call. I went through my stuff and got the fake ID and passport Lucas got for me and placed them in my bag before covering Christian and kissing his forehead.

"Don't make problems for aunty Alis, I'll be back before you even notice it. And I'll be bringing your daddy with me, Chris," I said before putting my shoes on. Glancing at the clock, I saw that it's 20 before midnight, and I hoped that Alis is still awake. I checked if I forgot something and realized that I didn't bring any money, so I quickly took some from my savings. I just hoped that it will be enough for ticket. Screw that, it has to be.

Once I exited my room, I went to Alis' and knocked loud enough to wake her up if necessary.

"What is it, you crazy woman?" she asked once she opened them and I almost bursted out laughing from her look. Looks like I interrupted her in the middle of teeth brushing.

"Look, I don't have any time to explain. I'm leaving, I'm going to America, so can you please take care of Chris while I'm not here? If it's too much, ask Ana for help, I'm pretty sure that she'll be more than glad to do so," I said it all in one breath and she only stared at me as if I've grown another head.

"What?" she finally asked and I smiled.

"See you soon, I'm going to bring Chris' father," I exclaimed before kissing her cheeks and then I heard beeping from the outside. That must be Gregor.

"This is my hue to leave. See you soon," I said as I rushed outside "And stay safe!" were my last words I said to her as she only grinned at me with that stupid expression on her face. I guess she really wanted to meet Chris' father.

When I got outside, Gregor was waiting for me with a smile on his face. He was in his forties if I'm not mistaken, but he had that smirk to sway girl's hearts. Too bad it didn't work on me.

"Ready?" he asked and I excitedly nodded.

"Definitely," I said as I entered on the passenger's seat. Soon, I'll be with Blake. Whether he accepts me or not, I'm telling him everything. No matter the consequences.

"You have everything you need, documents and all?" he asked and I nodded. I'm ready for this.

"Yeah, all I need to do now is buy that ticket and go," I said and he nodded. Surprisingly, he was really quiet. He'd always talk a bunch whenever we were inside the taxi.

"So, what's the reason for your departure?" he asked and I grinned. There he was.

"I'm actually going to get my son's father. My husband, you know," I said and he nodded.

"Didn't you say you were divorced?" he asked and I sighed.

"Not really, I've... Ran from him, he doesn't know where I am," that was true in some way.

"Oh, I see," he hummed "So he's not expecting you?" he asked and I nodded.

"Nope, he doesn't," I said and glanced through the window and frowned. This wasn't way to the airport.

"Hey, where are you..."just i started asking, the car stopped and I looked at him.

"Well, too bad then. This wasn't your day, after all,"he said and before I had time to realize what's going on, he put some handkerchief on my face with one while his other hand held my head in place. The weird smeli burned my lungs, and soon I lost consciousness. The only thing on my mind as blackness surrounded me was Blake. I couldn't make it.

___________
There, done.