3//test results

I run through the streets of the city and head towards the Erudite headquarters, my head pounding.

I don't know what to think, I'm in too much danger and I know someone will find out, something will happen, and I will get killed, or something even worse.

Heads are turning as I continue to run but I don't care, I keep on going until I finally reach the building.

I run up to mom's office and catch my breath until she finally notices me.

"Jeanine, honey, what's wrong?"
___________________________

[evelyn's pov]

I'm sitting at the kitchen table, trying to make sense of these plans when Tobias comes in.

I rush out of the seat and towards the door, just as he takes his coat off and sits on the couch.

"Well?" I ask, knowing I'm not allowed to know, but asking anyways.

"Mom, you know I'm not allowed to tell you, right?" He says with a little sigh.

"Yeah, yeah, but please, are you staying?" I didn't know why I'm so eager, but it seems to show on my face, because Tobias gives me a quizzical look. There is just one thing he utters.

"Yes."

___________________________

"Mom, mom why aren't we allowed to tell are test results?"

I finally calm down and sit in the chair across from her desk.

"Well, I guess it's because if we get, say dangerous results, or something of that sort."

I swallow the gigantic lump that seems to have sprung up in my throat.

"Jeanine, what were your results?"