The Red Headed Woman [3]

The Red Headed Woman [Chapter Three]

Ethan's POV

These past few minutes have been the most tense moments of my life.

Mom made me wear Dads tux which she apparently kept for safekeeping. Of course I couldn't object since I knew she was on the verge of breaking down.

My Mom was on tough cookie.

" Mom, do you have any idea who will be picking me up? " I asked. We've been sitting here in the living room staring at the front door as if a monster was about to pop out any moment for the past 15 minutes.

" I don't know honey. I don't know. " Mom asked me and I could see the fear in her eyes. I hugged her by the sides and she turned her head to look at me a little bit startled. " Ethan? What's wrong? "

" I'll be okay, Mom. You don't have to worry. After all, we are a family of fabulous unicorns. Nothing can harm me! I'm unstoppable! " she chuckled at my attempt to lighten up the mood. I gotta say, I am one heck of a joker.

Just when the mood was lightening up a bit, we heard the doorbell ring. Mom and I exchanged looks and she told me to stay here. I heard the front door open and Mom's gasp.

" Mom?! Mom, what's-" I stopped mid say as I saw a gorgeous woman standing at the front door.

She had bloody read hair that had streaks of black which stopped mid hip. Her hair had cute big curls at the bottom part of her hair. She had emerald eyes and a pale complexion. She was the description 'Cute'.

" Hello there! I've come to pick up your son! " she told us with a big grin on her face. Her voice was so cute! It sounded like a little girl's voice. And her personality practically screamed cheerful.

" Can we say our goodbyes? " Mom asked the woman in a very soft voice. The woman's cheerful face was replaced by a torn expression.

" I guess...okay. But you have to make it fast! " she replied to me after a moment of thinking.

Mom quickly rushed to me and we shared a very tight hug.

" Be good okay? Don't talk to strangers and be sure to be at your best behavior! And please don't do anything stupid. " she told me and I silently nodded and let go.

" Mom, it's not like I'm going to be away for a long time. " I smiled at her and she just patted my head as she urged me towards the woman.

" Let's go? " the woman asked me with a cheerful smile and I couldn't help but smile back and nod. We went out of the house with Mom trailing behind us to see us off and I saw a black motorcycle.

" Please do NOT tell me I have to get on that thing. " I pleaded the woman.

" You have to! It's the only way we can get to our destination! " she told me with a frown.

" Never. " I answered back stubbornly.

" Honey, stop being stubborn and just do what you're told. "

" Fine! " I pouted childishly.

The woman beside me silently laughed and got on the motorcycle. She put on a helmet and threw me one and patted the seat behind her. I hesitantly put it on and got on the bike.

 " Please be as gentle as you can. " I murmured and she laughed an okay. I gave Mom a final wave and we were off.

This girl may look like an angel but she drives like a devil!

I was supposed to shout at her to slow down but I couldn't get my voice o work. Instead, I tightly wrapped my hands around her. After a while, I got used to the feeling and I just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed the view.

I lived in a place that was crowded with trees so there really wasn't much to see. I was snapped out of my thoughts as we went off road and into the forest.

" Hey! What are you doing! Hey! Are you even listening to me?! We're going the wrong way!! " I told her in panic and she ignored me.

I tried to look in front to see where the hell she was trying to go.

That was a stupid idea. Wanna know why?

Because we were heading straight into the biggest tree I have ever seen in my life!

" Fuuuck! " I shouted as I tightly closed my eyes, bracing myself for the impact.

But it never came.

I heard the woman chuckle and I very slowly opened my eyes.

Stupid idea number 2.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I fainted at the sight of it all.

I guess it's lights out for little me.