Kidnapped [9]

Kidnapped [Chapter Nine]

Cynthia's POV

What was Natalie thinking? Why would she make Jeremy be the one to talk to Ethan? Did that guy even have any socializing skills at all? Well, Jeremy did only talk to Natalie so I don't really know. But still! Ugh.

Suddenly, our most trusted servant Elijah, went in with a silver platter and there was a black envelope in it. He offered it to Natalie and she took it with a thank you.

She opened the envelope and took out some papers. She scanned them for a moment and then she sighed.

"Another job?" I asked her and she nodded at me and I rolled my eyes. "Don't you plan on stopping anytime soon?"

"You know I can't, Cynthia. It's been my hobby already. And whenever I receive a request I just can't bring myself to decline." she told me and I rolled my eyes once again.

"The god of death sure is one softy." I said and she glared at me but then she smirked.

"Coming from the feisty girl who turns out to be a fairy." she replied back and I glared at her.

"Ooooh buuurn!" Drake laughed at me and I jabbed him by the side. He made a grunt of pain and I smirked in triumph.

"Don't underestimate us fairies!" I announced. Us fairies had unexplainable long nails.

"Then why do you underestimate us mermen?" Rick muttered in an irritated tone.

"Because. And let's just leave it at that." everyone laughed at my reply and Rick huffed in annoyance.

"Well as much as this is amusing me, I better get going. The faster I get this done then the faster our plan will be put in action." and with that said, she got up and left.

How does that woman even know that this plan is going to work out? Ah whatever. From the years I've been with her, I've come to learn to never doubt her thinking skills. That woman can be scary when she wants to be.

Natalie came back in and handed me a key. I looked at her in confusion then at the key.

Then realization hit me like a car crash.

"DON'T YOU DARE-" I stopped when she vanished with a trail of black mist.

"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A BAD ASS TELEPORTER DOESN'T MEAN I AGREE TO FEEDING CERBERUS!! I HATE YOU!!" I shouted to the mist which was slowly disappearing.

Everyone laughed at me and I just glared. We'll see who has the last laugh.

Minutes later I was in front of the huge black dog cage which held Cerberus. I gulped.

Cerberus was only good when Natalie and Jeremy are around. So the chances of me surviving this is...NONE.

I closed my eyes and I spread out my wings. I loved my wings.

They were of a transparent red color with swirly designs on it. It wasn't too big or too small. It was perfect.

I lifted myself a good two feet off the ground and went near the keyhole. I already prepared the food which consisted of a huge pile of raw meat. It was piled on the ground 5 meters away from the cage.

Okay. It was now or never. I quickly opened the door and flew away.

Well, that's what I hoped at least.

Before I could fly away, the doors of the cage burst open so fast that it hit me which sent me bustling to the ground. I groaned and looked up to see three hound-like heads coming out of the cage. They sniffed the air and each head turned around to look at me.