Ch. 20 Catalyst of Destinies

"Don't just glare at me, use your so called wisdom, dissect the prophecy and look carefully," Raze mocked, as he paced in front of the demigods.

His shifting and nervous energy clearly showed his sense of unease.

That being said, none of the demigods felt like confronting him over it, so they all turned to the only other person who seemed to have any idea on what was happening.

"Walk with us," murmured Runa as she waved her hand and a glowing crystal bridge shimmered into existence, its destination, the island in the distance.

"W-we are going there?" Katie asked awestruck, this paradise before them could only be Elysium.

Runa only smiled knowingly as she stepped on to the platform, her white cloak not disguising her effortlessly grace. Carefully, the tired demigods edged on the bridge, delighting in the fact of the opaque yet solid bridge under their feet.

As soon as Will, who was the last one to step on to the platform, Raze nodded to Runa before melting into a stream of fiery water before joining the lake, Beckendorf, Silena and Bianca all following him while Luke walked with Runa.

"Oracle, if you will,"

Rachel bowed her head and her eyes flared green before the spirit in her took control.

"Risen has the Legends that cannot die,

Cursed are the ones who have lived a lie,

Fallen from the stars, a hero returns,

Seek salvation through the river that burns,

Evil shall stir and ruins shall rise,

The End of All is nigh."

"And what can you deduce from that, daughter of Athena?" Runa's voice echoed across the Heart, the chaotic waters stilling for only a moment before continuing to crash upon the shore, mirroring Raze's conflicted emotions.

"How does any of that help us?" Clarisse asked, "And better yet, what does any of it have to do with us?"

They were halfway across the Heart at this point, to Runa and Luke, it was clear that Raze was listening in.

"How about we break it down backwards? I can only share with you some parts to the prophecy that my patrons have allowed me to discuss," Runa said evenly, shifting so her hood wreathed her face in shadows.

"The End of All, that explains itself fairly well, and yet, it is also not decisive," she paused, seemingly trying to form the words in her mind, "It does not state that the universe as we know it will fade forever, but rather that future possibility is upon us,"

She stopped, her back still facing them.

She turned and slowly walked up to Annabeth and Rachel, who were leading their small group.

"This means that every action you take, every single decision you make, will affect the outcome of our destiny," Her voice held a solemn tone, but also had a hint of a threat buried in it. "I would advise you to not to mishandle any of the upcoming situations."

She stared at each of the demigods individually before turning and continued to walk along her bridge.

All of the demigods glanced at each other, clearly intimidated before hurrying after her.

"The next line is fairly simple," Luke cut in, clearly enjoying this, "Really bad things will try and destroy the world and old buildings will rebuild,"

"My colleague has summed up the current situation quite well," She spoke dryly, but sounded as if that vague description was enough.

Will jumped into the conversation, "And the next line we already solved, we used the Phlegathon to find you,"