Ch.3 To be Forsaken

Disclaimer: I do not own PJ or HOO. Wish I did though...

Percy's POV

I stumbled when I reappeared in my campsite. I knew it was a bad idea to provoke the hunters even if their expressions were hilarious. I sat down hard at the tree stump I used as a chair. That disappearing act was a new trick I had found. I named it vapor travel. It must have been an ability children of Poseidon have.

Poseidon

I stopped thinking of him as my birth father. As if he truly cared for me.

Vapor traveling is similar to shadow traveling by children of Hades. But it is a lot more challenging.

Imagine this. Instead of going through a shadow, I have to focus my water powers and literally break down every molecule of my body and change it into water vapor. I can then move myself around but it only works for short distances, then I have concentrate to turn back. It is immensely tiring.

Definitely harder than shadow traveling.

I threw back my hood and glanced at my pathetic campsite. It consisted of a fire pit, a sleeping bag and my backpack.

I grabbed my backpack and opened it. Inside was my most valuable possession.

Inside the backpack lay five golden apples.

The apples of immortality.

This was the goal of my quest. To beat Landon and retrieve the apples.

It took months of training, living in the wilderness to prepare my body and mind.

And I did it.

I defeated Landon the Undefeated.

And what good did it do? I have no one now, my family at Camp Half Blood have found a new hero.

My brother, Theseus.

My new life was challenging, that was for sure. For a week I was attacked by monsters, until they realized how much of a threat I was.

They must have thought I would have been an easy meal, a lone demigod, without a weapon.

They were wrong.

They call me the Destroyer for a reason. With no weapons I could kill monsters in an instant. How?

By evaporating the blood in the bodies.

Quite fun, but also quite tiring.

Of course I left a few alive. I wanted them to spread a rumor and a message to other monsters.

The rumor was that there was an all-powerful being that hunted and killed monsters mercilessly.

The message?

That the hunters would become the hunted. I hated seeing innocent demigods killed by monsters and I needed to blow off some steam.

And by steam I mean be as violent and destructive as possible.

I mean seriously, the look on the dracaena's face right before it died was priceless. I mean really, was I so terrifying that a monster would beg the Hunters of Artemis for help?

I zipped up my backpack and focused on the water vapor in the air. I made it pick up my backpack and place it by my sleeping bag. I have been training my water powers to do anything for me, that was how I stopped the arrow from killing me.

Now for the next part of my plan, I thought wryly. I condensed the water vapor to create a mist.

To create a rainbow.